UK Head-Fi meet 2011. Thread closed: We now have a venue and a New Thread (see below)
Feb 15, 2011 at 6:05 PM Post #227 of 236
Great location for coming in off the motor way too as its just a little on from Earl's Court and has a car park very close to it as well.

But let's not get too excited before we find out if its feasible or not.

Feb 15, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #228 of 236
Knowing that AmpCity are dealers in HiFiMAN products, could I request that they get hold of an HE-4 to bring to the meet? I'm very interested in trying one. I'm also keen to see how my amp handles orthos...

Feb 16, 2011 at 11:55 AM Post #230 of 236
I've actually been in contact with Fang from HeadDirect/Hifiman personally & he's going to be sending a box of goodies for us to listen to :) 

I did request an 801 & told him to put in whatever else he thought we should listen to.

Feb 16, 2011 at 12:22 PM Post #231 of 236
Depressing News:

The SMA Centre rooms do not have enough sockets. Although they have a stage area with lighting gangs, etc. a different plug style is used for that type of equipment.

Ampcity have found another venue in north-west London which has potential, so fingers crossed.

I think most of the venues in the Earls Court/Kensington area are beyond Ampcity's budget (when I was investing a lot of prices were > 1500, which is obviously a lot) so it looks like the venue will have to be in a cheaper part of town regardless.

I'll keep you posted.

Feb 17, 2011 at 12:41 PM Post #234 of 236
AmpCity really are putting a lot of effort into trying to secure a venue. Even if we have to postpone to a later date in May and locate in a cheaper part of town I'm sure we'll get something organised, it's just a matter of finding somewhere which ticks all the boxes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back