UK Head-Fi meet 2011. Thread closed: We now have a venue and a New Thread (see below)
Jan 31, 2011 at 2:55 PM Post #167 of 236
^ There is a car park down the road from there as well and it looks reasonably priced, thanks for the heads up zen punk!

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=car+park&f=l&hl=en&dq=jamyang&sll=51.495252,-0.103018&sspn=0.005865,0.01929&ie=UTF8&rq=1&ev=zi&split=1&radius=0.5&hq=car+park&hnear=&ll=51.493208,-0.102782&spn=0.005865,0.01929&z=16

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #168 of 236

Quote:
Quote:
Definitely within Zones 1-6, since anyone buying an all zones travel card (such as myself, travelling from the SE) would want the venue to be accessible via the card. On the tube route is also important since it's easily the best way to get around the city to and from the main entry hubs. I'd personally prefer something a little more towards the middle than Uxbridge (since it's about as far away as you can possibly get from me with a travel card!), but obviously it's dependant on prices/venue e.t.c.

Have you got any suggestions RE parts of town which would make a suitable venue?

Not off the top of my head. My dad is treasurer of a society and has hired venues in London though, so I'll ask him.

Jan 31, 2011 at 3:38 PM Post #169 of 236

Quote:
Actually I just remember about this place I used to go few years back. It is in Elephant and Castle (Zone 1) just not sure how suitable that would be for our kind of meet but there is quite a lot a similar places around London.

http://www.jamyangrooms.co.uk/

That looks very nice, prices are good and since I'm a fan of eastern philosophy I'd probably dig the ambience!

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:33 PM Post #172 of 236

Quote:
Lol, do they even have electricity?

Quote:
Could always hire a generator lol

Probably solar powered. Or if we sit and chant for some Chi energy. I'm sure PS Audio will have a Chi to Watt converter. 
tongue.gif

Jan 31, 2011 at 6:46 PM Post #173 of 236
You mean to say that those £500 power cables DON'T generate electricity? What a rippoff!

Otherwise, that does look like a nice venue.

Jan 31, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #174 of 236

Quote:
You mean to say that those £500 power cables DON'T generate electricity? What a rippoff!

Otherwise, that does look like a nice venue.

Yes they do generate electricity, but only to 110v. You have to buy the £699.99 pebble wrapped in Unobtainium foil to convert to 220v.

But yes, it does look like a nice venue. 

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:51 AM Post #178 of 236
How do others feel coming from outside of London?

There are two ways of looking at it -

a) You're coming a long way so you may as well be somewhere in London (provided it has nearby parking) so you can see a few other attractions besides just the meet while you're down;

b) You're coming a long way so would rather be outside London easier to access, with less traffic and easier to get back on the motorway from.

What do people think?

We are getting close to the point where we book the venue so do want to know what the majority wants here. We can't promise everyone is going to have all their wishes fulfilled as we can only book what is available but do want to know what we should be aiming for.

Feb 1, 2011 at 2:54 AM Post #179 of 236
^ I'd add, the Earl's Court area one is a bit of best of both worlds as the M4 turns directly into Great West Road which gets you to Earl's Court right away. Parking is also abundant.

It's the area in London where most conferences and expos are held so is deliberately one of the easiest places to access in the city.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back