UK - E500 custom mould saga
Dec 4, 2006 at 9:31 PM Post #16 of 40
x2 the questions of milkpowder.

Btw, how come you can get yours in 2 weeks when it says 4-6 weeks on the website?

I'm getting my impressions taken on Wednesday, so I'm getting T2's regardless. But it would be nice to hear your impressions just so I feel happy while waiting!

Yep, Head-Fi spreading the word, otherwise I would have never heard of them

Milkpowder, where did you get that idea from thta T2's are bright and analytical? From what I've read, it's a perfect balance that has the highs of UE10 & lows of Sensa, best of both worlds.

If indeed they are too bright and analytical, then I will probably have wasted my money, but I haven't read anything to that effect.

Dec 4, 2006 at 10:10 PM Post #17 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by The-One /img/forum/go_quote.gif
x2 the questions of milkpowder.

Btw, how come you can get yours in 2 weeks when it says 4-6 weeks on the website?.

When did I say that? I just got a reply and it normally takes 4 weeks. I believe you can ask them to rush your order if you want it sooner
biggrin.gif

Quote:

Originally Posted by The-One /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm getting my impressions taken on Wednesday, so I'm getting T2's regardless. But it would be nice to hear your impressions just so I feel happy while waiting!

Yep, Head-Fi spreading the word, otherwise I would have never heard of them

Milkpowder, where did you get that idea from thta T2's are bright and analytical? From what I've read, it's a perfect balance that has the highs of UE10 & lows of Sensa, best of both worlds.

If indeed they are too bright and analytical, then I will probably have wasted my money, but I haven't read anything to that effect.

I think the new Sensas are much brighter than before because of some update. The T2 are not too bright or analytical, it's just that Andy, in his email to a fellow Head-Fi'er said that the T2 is an improved version of the Sensas and will sound brighter.

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:03 PM Post #18 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by milkpowder /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes ACS T2 update! I'll be waiting for that!
Can you please describe how the T2 felt? Is it very soft? What about the cable? Does it feel flimsy at all?

Not too soft, about right if you have reservations about the harder plastic of other custom iems. The cable does feel lighter & thinner than the E500 cable but not a bad thing as I find the E500 cable a bit heavy & thick.

i think the 2 week question was aimed at me - it's only due to me having the issue with the fit of the sleeves. I'm sure that any refit would be treated quite quickly - nothing special about me.
frown.gif

Dec 4, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #19 of 40
I have sent impressions off to a UK company that do the UM56 custom molds for the Shures - http://www.westone.com/music/universal.html#um56

They're not as all enveloping as the ones in the thread linked to above. I hope to have them back soon.

Dec 9, 2006 at 1:48 PM Post #21 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by caramelsoul /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Any pictures yet StevieDvd?

why? you fancy a pair yourself?
tongue.gif

i imgine it shouldnt be too long now, there was a notice about ACS being busy and 4-6 week production times. that notice on the ACS homepage has now dissappeared. so i guess StevieDvds will be within the week and mine within 2.

Dec 10, 2006 at 5:08 PM Post #23 of 40
Sorry for the wait but here are the pics of the custom sleeves, still waiting on word of the T2 being ready for collection.

Smaller than other custom sleeves others have had done. Shame the first fit was not quite there but perhaps a kick in the full custom direction I needed.

08d459a0.jpg

08b4d120.jpg

08cb3d20.jpg

Steve

Dec 10, 2006 at 5:47 PM Post #24 of 40
That actually looks alot better than most other universal IEM molds I've seen. I'd be interested in seeing how they look with them in your ear if possible.

Dec 10, 2006 at 6:49 PM Post #25 of 40
Wow, looks pretty neat. Those things look like they go in pretty deep, so should have excellent sound isolation.

Dec 13, 2006 at 9:58 PM Post #27 of 40
Yep.

08e5be60.jpg

08f61e40.jpg

094fefe0.jpg

0900db30.jpg

091a08f0.jpg

093ae410.jpg

095bf800.jpg

096c65b0.jpg

Initial impression is the comfort and clarity. They insert very easily and are so light, even the cable is feather light, no problems with bass or treble.

As you can imagine trying to do a quick comparison between the Shure E500 with custom sleeves and the T2 is difficult as they take a little time & care to insert/remove.

The case supplied is a Peli 1020 micro case, but you also get a small leather pouch together with a wax pick tool and some ear lubricant (not that my ears are that squeaky).

Had my fitting done by Andy over at ACS and chatted a bit about the influx of orders coming from forum based recommendations.

Now jut need to find some pivotal tracks to go back to for comparison. The true test will be when I commute but since I'm not back at work till the New Year that will have to wait.

Enjoy the pics!!

Steve

Dec 13, 2006 at 10:25 PM Post #28 of 40
Aww come on! Surely you can't leave people wondering until New Years day to wonder about the T2 sound!!! I for one want to know now lol
wink.gif

Btw, what did Andy say about the influx of orders from forum based recommendations?

Is it just me or does the tip of your T2 look a bit short? I remember my impressions to be longer. Did you have yours done closed mouth then?

Dec 13, 2006 at 11:16 PM Post #30 of 40
Quote:

Originally Posted by JLai /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Is that wire doing a knot inside the molding?
blink.gif

Looks like it. Does it make much difference though? It will just provide security.

Possédé
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back