UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Mar 18, 2012 at 3:14 AM Post #31 of 1,381
Good idea,

I'll send Jude an email and ask him if he'll publicise the UK meet. Otherwise it's just a case of posting regularly here so that the thread title pops up on the homepage.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 8:01 AM Post #32 of 1,381
I'm moving into a new flat that week, but if time permits I'll certainly be looking at attending. I'm definitely very new to the whole audiophile thing so I don't really have any noteworthy equipment right now, but that's hopefully subject to change! If nothing else I'll have a humble FiiO E17 more budget minded people might be interested in trying, considering it's relative rarity among UK retailers.

Mar 18, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #33 of 1,381
Gofre,

We all started out as newbies at some point, so you are most welcome to attend the meet. Bring whatever equipment that you like, as your kit is equally as valid as anyone else's.

Cheers,

Andy.

Mar 18, 2012 at 2:58 PM Post #34 of 1,381
Guys,

Due to hall space constraints and the desire to keep this event enthusiast focused, I can only invite a maximum of 4-5 distributors/retailers to the meet, so I'm requesting suggestions who you'd like to see there. Please make your suggestions in this thread and if you have contact details PM me. 

I recollect that Justin (Just Audio) and the AmpCity guys were very amenable at the last meet. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #35 of 1,381
Guys,

I'm in discussion with a very high end manufacturer not a million miles from Cambridge (hint hint) who may bring kit to the meet. 

Keep posting guys as we need to raise the meet profile.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:38 PM Post #36 of 1,381
Guys,

Keep posting in this thread to ensure that we're prominent on the head-fi activity listing. 

Any other ideas to promote the meet would be welcomed - what other forums do you guys frequent?

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:58 PM Post #37 of 1,381
I would like to demo the dacmagic 100 and plus as it happens, so that would be great if CA could come along! Maybe it would be good if we could get a general dealer along as well as some of the manufacturers, that way we might get a more widespread range of kit to demo?

Quote:
Guys,

I'm in discussion with a very high end manufacturer not a million miles from Cambridge (hint hint) who may bring kit to the meet. 

Keep posting guys as we need to raise the meet profile.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 5:59 PM Post #38 of 1,381
Guys,

I'd appreciate some feedback about the audio mart suggestion made to me by a fellow member. I like the idea of selling unused gear at the meet, but I defer to the consensus, which is you by the way. 
wink_face.gif

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 6:11 PM Post #39 of 1,381
Julianbell92,

Good call about inviting CA to the meet as I was thinking more esoteric, so I'll make enquiries with CA to see whether they're interested.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Mar 18, 2012 at 10:22 PM Post #40 of 1,381
definitely count me in!
I live in Cambridge, so I don't think it would be a problem for me to bring everything I have except for my OMZ DAC if I can find a way of securing them properly.
HD650
K1000 (with a slight defect on the right driver)
JVC DX1000
Grade RS-2
Audiovalve RKV MKII
Headamp GS-1
Zhaolu 2.5A with discrete headamp

Mar 19, 2012 at 1:09 PM Post #41 of 1,381
Guys,

We have our first meet sponsor, it gives me great pleasure to announce that Justin of Just Audio fame has kindly offered to contribute to event costs. So only another three sponsors and we'll have a free meet, which is just (no pun intended) what I had hoped for.

Incidentally, if you're not familiar with Just Audio, do take a look at the website - http://www.justaudio.co.uk/ - as Justin's portable amplifiers are superb.

Cheers,

Andy.  

Mar 19, 2012 at 4:05 PM Post #44 of 1,381
Ah, I see. Yes, excellent idea.

L3000.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back