UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Jun 25, 2012 at 3:52 AM Post #736 of 1,381
speedlolita,

An emphatic YES to your question, as we were all `newbies' at some stage. So do come as you'll have a fantastic opportunity to audition loads of gear. 

Cheers,

Andy. 

P.S. The AKG K701 are still very decent cans. 

Quote:
Are newbies welcome to this? I'd really like a chance to get to listen to some new hardware without paying for it.

I can only offer to bring my lowly stock AKG K701 and my Matrix M-Stage though.

Peace.

Jun 25, 2012 at 8:37 AM Post #737 of 1,381
Guys,

Is anyone unable to see the photo's mentioned in the message below? Chris (Human Audio) can't view them - does anyone else just see lines of text instead of the images too? Please PM me if the photo's aren't visible.

Thanks,

Andy.  

Quote:
Guys,

Received an interesting follow up message from Chris (Human Audio) regarding a different version of their Muto DAC named the Muto-X.

This variation has a unique transformer analogue stage - photo's below - with a 2Vrms output which is usable as a real balanced (XLR) signal as the left and right outputs are totally independent from each other.  

Very nice!

Cheers,

Andy.

attachment

Jun 25, 2012 at 9:39 AM Post #745 of 1,381
zenpunk,

A Muto-X DAC...

This variation has a unique transformer analogue stage - photo's above - with a 2Vrms output which is usable as a real balanced (XLR) signal as the left and right outputs are totally independent from each other.  

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
I can see now! But what is it?

Jun 25, 2012 at 6:44 PM Post #746 of 1,381
Hi Guys Another newbie here thats planning on attending I will be driving down from the market harborough area and don't mind taking a detour or 2 if anyone needs picking up Not got much to bring apart from a pair of Grado sr80i with a headphone lounge headband and a FiiO E10 Cheers Adam

Jun 26, 2012 at 4:32 PM Post #747 of 1,381
Guys,

As you're all such a sartorially elegant bunch I know that you'll be interested in seeing the meet T-shirt design printed on a garment. Photo's will be uploaded tomorrow so stay tuned!

I'm also awaiting confirmation whether a Canadian headphone amplifier and esoteric French DAC will be present at the meet. We're talking very high end for the latter component.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jun 27, 2012 at 7:21 AM Post #749 of 1,381
Andy

I've got pretty much settled on my headphones now. Here's my list:

Hifiman HE-5LE (Mentioned)
Sony MDR-Z1000
Ultrasone Signature Pro

Objective2 Amplifier (Mentioned)

Arcam rDAC (Mentioned)
Pure i20 (Mentioned)
Apple MacBook Pro'09 (Mentioned)

Best Regards
Ven

Jun 27, 2012 at 3:24 PM Post #750 of 1,381
alvin sawdust,

Regrettably there's been no response from Bryston to my emails.

The lovely Dr. Lloyd Peppard of Mappletree Audio - http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/ - is shipping over an Ear+ HD Super II headphone amplifier with DECT stepped attentuator finished in a bespoke charcoal hammertone with black sides. 

Check out some of the amps great reviews -  http://hollowstate.netfirms.com/#headphone%20amps

Cheers,

Andy.

P.S. T-shirt photo's uploaded tomorrow as my camera battery is flat. 

Quote:
Am I right in thinking the Bryston might be making an appearance Andy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back