UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Jun 15, 2012 at 10:15 AM Post #691 of 1,381
Equipment & raffle update...

Well he's done it again, not content with importing one range of gorgeous headphone stands, the Kabelmeister (Frank) has been appointed as the UK distributor of these exquisite looking items too...

350x258px-LL-0dd18658_FS.jpeg
350x413px-LL-8a64b2ea_beyerfs.jpeg

The stands in the top photo (L to R) have an ash, zebrano and mahogany wood veneer. They're £95 each plus shipping and will be in stock around the first week in July. I love the aesthetics and functionality - having an area to coil up the headphone cable underneath the headphones is a great idea.

350x226px-LL-8420de0e_RIII.jpeg

This model costs between £115 - £120 depending on the finish. 

Please PM Frank (Kabelmeister - head-fi profile) to express an interest and place your orders.

Oh... Frank will be very generously donating one of the above stands to the meet charity raffle. THANKS FRANK!

Cheers,

Andy. 

Jun 15, 2012 at 10:51 AM Post #692 of 1,381
FragmentedGod,

Glad that you're eagerly anticipating the meet - it's only 3 months away now.

I'll have an Audiophilleo 1 (http://www.audiophilleo.com/audiophilleo1.aspx) at the meet that you're welcome to borrow. We can share it as I'll need it some of the time to demonstrate a Metrum Octave DAC, but when I'm demonstrating other USB DAC's and not using it you can use it.

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Thanks so much or all the hard work.  Every time I read on here I can't believe the new prizes/participants that are being added! 

It's occurred to me that my setup is all running from my PC and I don't have a good laptop.  I should be able to bring a little laptop with USB to output to my DAC but it won't have digital out for comparison of the components on the DAC.  I don't know what other people are bringing but it would be useful to have it setup alongside someone who has a PC/laptop with SP/DIF outputs.  Not a requirement obviously but would let people try the different parts of the dac!  I personally have it setup to switch between the coax digital connection and the USB.  The coax sounds better but the treble (with my amp/headphone combo) can be harsh for playing video games, so I use the USB when I'm doing that. There is also less interference noise from my computer when I use the USB than using the coax out, which is just onboard sound on my motherboard.

If someone has a setup that would work like that and is interested in being able to try it out with a vDAC II and a valve headphone amp then let me know!

Jun 16, 2012 at 1:33 PM Post #694 of 1,381
Ladies & gentlemen...
Thunderpants have landed!  
L3000.gif

The headphones cup finish is lovely and it's quilted maple with Gabon ebony mounts. Photo's below. 

Cheers,

Andy.

attachment
attachment

Jun 17, 2012 at 7:36 AM Post #695 of 1,381
I'm definitely interested in going along, but don't drive...

If anyone is going from Herts / Beds, and can take a detour off of the A1, will be happy to pay towards the fuel...

I cannot really add anything to the exhaustive list of gear, other than the older Sony X walkman...

Jun 17, 2012 at 8:49 AM Post #696 of 1,381
Could be worth your while contacting i-Qube Andy, if you haven't tried already? Their gear looks interesting!

Jun 17, 2012 at 11:50 AM Post #697 of 1,381
Duncan,

I know that a few guys from London were intending to car share but I'm not sure whether they've arranged anything yet.

If folks want to PM me if they can offer or indeed need a lift to the meet, then I'm happy to match people up - just need your locations.

Cheers,

Andy.  

Quote:
I'm definitely interested in going along, but don't drive...

If anyone is going from Herts / Beds, and can take a detour off of the A1, will be happy to pay towards the fuel...

I cannot really add anything to the exhaustive list of gear, other than the older Sony X walkman...

Jun 17, 2012 at 3:45 PM Post #698 of 1,381
julianbell92,

I had one of the original iQube amplifiers and wasn't that impressed with it sonically or the fact that it was relatively large. I'm sure that there'll be better sounding amps at the meet which are smaller and less expensive.

Cheers,

Andy.  

Quote:
Could be worth your while contacting i-Qube Andy, if you haven't tried already? Their gear looks interesting!

Jun 17, 2012 at 4:30 PM Post #699 of 1,381
Ok thanks for your insight on that one Andy. In the meantime, here's some nice woodiness for meet attendees to salivate over, now that the superb Lawton Audio Sheepskin Pads are fitted and my over-ears are complete and photographed :D

Jun 17, 2012 at 4:58 PM Post #700 of 1,381
julianbell92,

Very nice indeed. Did you carry out the modifications? What cabling is that? 

Cheers,

Andy.

Quote:
Ok thanks for your insight on that one Andy. In the meantime, here's some nice woodiness for meet attendees to salivate over, now that the superb Lawton Audio Sheepskin Pads are fitted and my over-ears are complete and photographed :D

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #702 of 1,381
Quote:

Shouldn't keep reposting pics but I am in love with those cups! Are they from Lawton also? They are beautiful.....

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #703 of 1,381
Thanks, the cups are Lawton Audio (East Indian Rosewood) but bought secondhand as they're far too expensive new!
Quote:

Shouldn't keep reposting pics but I am in love with those cups! Are they from Lawton also? They are beautiful.....

Cheers Andy, I carried out the mods myself - there's a partial 'markl' (Lawton Audio) mod whereby I applied Dynamat Xtreme to part of the rear of the driver, and then the pads, which feel (and smell) sumptuous, as well as opening up the soundstage versus stock. The recabling is also my work using Toxic Cables/Kabelmeister's stranded copper in a round braid.
I can't wait for other people to hear them and to hear all this fantastic gear you've arranged for us to hear and have the opportunity to win Andy!

Quote:
julianbell92,

Very nice indeed. Did you carry out the modifications? What cabling is that? 

Cheers,

Andy.

Jun 17, 2012 at 5:40 PM Post #704 of 1,381
If any attendees have a pair of Creative Aurvana Live! headphones, I'd really love to try them if they wouldn't mind bringing them along, as I'm looking at them as a potential portable pair subject to a successful listening test.

Jun 18, 2012 at 3:24 AM Post #705 of 1,381
If any attendees have a pair of Creative Aurvana Live! headphones, I'd really love to try them if they wouldn't mind bringing them along, as I'm looking at them as a potential portable pair subject to a successful listening test.

Yes I'm intending to come so I'll bring them. Hopefully by then I might have got round to re-cabling them!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back