UK 2012 Head-Fi Meet - September 15th Cambridgeshire.
Apr 1, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #136 of 1,381
I heard the SR-009 out of a mediocre source into 727-II, even with that, expect massive jaw dropping. With a good source and even better amp... *hides*

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #137 of 1,381
Please, let's keep things in perspective. I heard the SR-009 out of a great source at the last meet and while I can understand why many people dig it,  it just didn't appeal to me and didn't  suit the type of musics I am into. I might still get one when I am an OAP and only listen to classical and jazz 
biggrin.gif

Apr 1, 2012 at 1:27 PM Post #138 of 1,381
Well looks like me and my buddy will be coming and the prospect of all of these phones is just awesome.

I have not got much to bring but if any one is interested in any of what i have i will of course bring it! Check my profile!

Apr 2, 2012 at 2:55 AM Post #139 of 1,381
I will consider joining although I may be at uni by then so not to sure, also I don't want to seem like a newbie compared to you guys haha

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:11 AM Post #140 of 1,381

Quote:
I will consider joining although I may be at uni by then so not to sure, also I don't want to seem like a newbie compared to you guys haha

Thats the whole point of these sorta things. Im still quite new and stuff as is my mate so you need not worry :p

Apr 2, 2012 at 3:16 AM Post #141 of 1,381

Quote:
Thats the whole point of these sorta things. Im still quite new and stuff as is my mate so you need not worry :p

haha cheers, I will definitely reconsider it then, I like the idea of the market stools where people can sell their stuff on

Apr 2, 2012 at 4:55 AM Post #142 of 1,381
Jazz, mmmm, nice!  
wink_face.gif

lewisthemusician, Swimsonny is correct that attending a meet is a great way to audition lots of great gear in a friendly atmosphere. We were all newbies at some stage, so do come along and bring your kit.

If there's enough support for the idea we'll have an audio mart at the meet where attendees can sell gear, but this will be restricted to one table, as the event is primarily about listening to equipment and not trying to flog your Amstrad midi system!  
basshead.gif

Cheers,

Andy.

Apr 2, 2012 at 11:42 AM Post #144 of 1,381
vkvedam,

I'm hoping that this years raffle will have even more prizes, so start saving up, as all proceeds go to charity and there will be some great gear to win.

Cheers,

Andy.

Apr 3, 2012 at 11:59 AM Post #149 of 1,381
Kabelmeister,

That's a very generous offer, thank you very much. I've sent you a PM about arrangements. 

As the event organiser I'd be happy to display a selection of your gear and represent you `in absentia'.

Cheers,

Andy.  

Apr 3, 2012 at 12:35 PM Post #150 of 1,381
Exciting event raffle prizes update...

Frank a.k.a. Kabelmeister has very generously donated a pair of HiFiMan HE-400 headphones recabled with one of his superb custom cables. Additionally, Frank has also donated 3 Silver iPod line out docks too.

What superb prizes donated by a great guy.

Cheers,

Andy. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back