UiiSii impressions thread
May 27, 2018 at 4:33 PM Post #166 of 193
AXSEE SD-08 is smooth and balanced folks :)
it is... I bought it on your recommendation... I think it was you. Too much else has arrived. I need to get back to that. I liked it.

May 27, 2018 at 4:40 PM Post #167 of 193
Well the thing landed just right after I replied. Yes I do have CM5. And IT01, and Final Heaven V. And I just cancelled all pending purchases. Because I haven't heard anything this amazing, IEM or headphones. straight out of the box. No tip rolling struggle. Just pure concentrated organic killer bee honey from heaven straight into my eardrums haha.

I need to know what this thing is!!!

May 27, 2018 at 4:44 PM Post #168 of 193
May 27, 2018 at 5:12 PM Post #169 of 193
I have sent things back to Amazon that were only $5. It adds up you know:) Usually the drop off point they give me is a 10 minute walk though and is in the direction where I need to pick up milk anyway.

Ok... going to get mine out of the coffee now...hoping it has eliminated or overpowered the perfume smell. It has been almost 3 weeks! Will update later.

You are right, it does all add up.

In cases like this though, if I don't even up using the cable I package everything back up exactly how it came and save it for gifts. My daughter always has a friend's birthday party she springs on me 2 hours before we have to be there, or I could give it to a niece or nephew for Christmas, use it at a family Christmas steal-a-gift swap, secret Santa gift exchanges at work, etc.

Since 99% of the world's population aren't audiophiles, someone who has much less discerning tastes will find the sound of these perfectly acceptable.

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 5:19 PM Post #170 of 193
Out of the box they were not great for me either, but definitely not lacking treble. If anything they lacked bass. I had to do some tip rolling, and after a few hours the sound changed, strong bass started showing up. Overall the sound is warm, perhaps too warm for certain recordings, but my E6 is not muffled at all. I can switch back and forth between the timmkoo C630 and the E6 and not seeing the muffledness.
Speaking of which, I got a pair of this https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07BFP2KMT/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_CeTcBbF0KERMG, and they are the definition of muffled LOL. I didn't send it back, since I messed with it - removed the grill and widened vent hole on the front.

EDIT: found EDR1 on Amazon for $6.50 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01ALNK3F2/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_AqTcBbA0DHQ49. Ordered one. Will be my first KZ.

Wow, I'm shocked to hear the UiiSii E6 compared to the timmkoo C630 in the same sentence!

The timmkoo C630 (EMI CI-880) are extremely bright - like KZ ZS6 bright. They are literally the polar opposite of the UiiSii E6 (at least my pair of E6).

Maybe I got a bad pair of E6. I doubt it though, because both sides sound consistent. Usually when you have a bad IEM it's not both sides...

PS, I know you'll be blown away by the EDR1 - most people are when they hear them the 1st time (ie "HOW much did you say these cost these again?!?")

May 27, 2018 at 5:23 PM Post #172 of 193
I bet @Slater will have a suggestion/solution...

Nope, unfortunately I have no suggestions on those. They are notoriously bad.

They are sold under different names, and with different face plates.

The only thing that would improve them would be to change out the drivers for something else. The problem is whatever drivers they used inside...

Last edited:
May 27, 2018 at 5:29 PM Post #173 of 193
Wow, I'm shocked to hear the UiiSii E6 compared to the timmkoo C630 in the same sentence!

The timmkoo C630 (EMI CI-880) are extremely bright - like KZ ZS6 bright. They are literally the polar opposite of the UiiSii E6 (at least my pair of E6).

Maybe I got a bad pair of E6. I doubt it though, because both sides sound consistent. Usually when you have a bad IEM it's not both sides...

PS, I know you'll be blown away by the EDR1 - most people are when they hear them the 1st time (ie "HOW much did you say these cost these again?!?")
I don't mean they sound the same, C630 is super detailed and bright. I mean the E6 doesn't sound muffled to me even in such extreme contrast. They sound warm and spacious, with big bass, recessed vocal. Treble isn't forward but clear enough for me to enjoy.

May 27, 2018 at 5:35 PM Post #174 of 193
The thing is one of the top 3 most expensive on audiobudget's leaderboard. Shame we can't discuss it here. It's head and shoulder above a lot other stuff.
Must be a different thing... mine is not expensive

May 27, 2018 at 5:41 PM Post #176 of 193
Does yours also got 2DD + 1BA setup? :) I remember you said your husband ordered one for himself...

yes it does... I guess with a coupon I did not find it that expensive but compared to a CM5 it is. Plus the number always looks smaller when it is pounds not dollars...so maybe the same... will be in black...

Jun 1, 2018 at 8:48 PM Post #177 of 193
OK, its a deal. I'll pick up a box next shopping trip since as a single male the only thing my oven is good for is reheating pizza and storing pots and pans so I don't have any on hand. Then I'll rescue them from the back porch and stick them in a bag of baking soda and report what a week or so accomplishes.

Did you put your smelly UiiSii in the baking soda? I finally took mine out of the coffee a few days ago (must have been in there 3 weeks) and they smell of coffee AND perfume now. I think the coffee smell will go away but the perfume must be part of the compostion of the cable... not just sprayed on.

I think my UiiSii US80 were my first lightning deal... £5. Oh well....

If the baking soda worked for you I will try that.

Jun 2, 2018 at 3:31 PM Post #178 of 193
Did you put your smelly UiiSii in the baking soda? I finally took mine out of the coffee a few days ago (must have been in there 3 weeks) and they smell of coffee AND perfume now. I think the coffee smell will go away but the perfume must be part of the compostion of the cable... not just sprayed on.

I think my UiiSii US80 were my first lightning deal... £5. Oh well....

If the baking soda worked for you I will try that.

Interestingly, a number of Amazon reviews mentioned the strong perfume smell for the US80, but nothing on the E6 (including my E6)

So now we know the perfume smell aren’t isolated cases. And we also know at least the cable is different between the US80 and E6, despite sharing the same shells (not sure about the driver though).

Last edited:
Jun 2, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #179 of 193
Interestingly, a number of Amazon reviews mentioned the strong perfume smell for the US80, but nothing on the E6 (including my E6).

They must have noticed the complaints about the smell. I wish I had returned mine. I just thought they needed to air out a bit and then I kind of forgot about them. I do have other iems...

Jun 2, 2018 at 4:14 PM Post #180 of 193
They must have noticed the complaints about the smell. I wish I had returned mine. I just thought they needed to air out a bit and then I kind of forgot about them. I do have other iems...
Yes you do and many fine ones at that

Users who are viewing this thread

Back