Uhhhh.....Crap
Feb 9, 2006 at 1:34 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

ZMstephen21

Head-Fier
Ok, so i decided to try the Kramer Mod on my e2cs, but i didnt wanna take the dremel to them, so i decided on the "paper clip removing the washer" idea.
Only i couldnt find a paper clip, so i used a staple. I bent it pretty sharp, ill try to draw out the picture
rolleyes.gif

so i stick it inside the earphone tube, so it looks like this

then i attempt to pull out the "washer" as i had read on the kramer mod thread, and it just wont budge. Then I realize that the staple was stuck. I kind of panicked and I tried to pull it out. No dice. I eventually cut it as close as I could and I put the soft flex tip back on and tried to see if the SQ had changed. There was no huge difference, but im still skeptical. Any Ideas? Maybe a more effective way to remove the "washer"? I am still interested in the mod, just as long as I know its gonna work
rolleyes.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 2:01 AM Post #4 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by jagorev
Try a dremel?

What approach should I take? SHould i try from the top or the side? What should I do about the excess dust crap from getting inside the drivers?

Feb 9, 2006 at 2:54 AM Post #5 of 17
Dude......back..... away.... from.... the...... headphones.

If I were you and you were me I would push the remainder of the staple in and try again with a paper clip. Once you get the washer out the decapitated staple will come too.

Feb 9, 2006 at 2:57 AM Post #6 of 17
Oh and for my mod I used a strong piece of metal(small cotter pin) and bent the end with pliers. I then hooked the edge to the underside of said washer and yanked with pliers. This mod takes quite a bit of yankin to get it done.......sooooo use lots o force luke.

Feb 9, 2006 at 2:58 AM Post #7 of 17
well, i got the left earpiece washer (the staple was in the left) out but in the process the small piece of the staple that a cut off slipped into the drivers. I figure forget it and move onto the right washer and not to use a staple this time
tongue.gif

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #14 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin24
or you'll end up looking like drivel's avatar
k1000smile.gif

LMAO! ROF!

Feb 9, 2006 at 5:21 AM Post #15 of 17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Dustin24
WNEW what's that line from?

I wear power ties, I tell power lies, I take power naps and run victory laps

It is George Carlin's "Modern Man", you can find it in his book "When Will Jesus Bring the Porkchops". I think he also did this on a light night talk show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back