UHF Headamp review Lehmann, CEC & Benchmark
Jun 17, 2006 at 9:15 AM Post #3 of 7
What's the main conclusion?

Jun 17, 2006 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 7
CEC is best, then Benchmark, then Black Cube.

CEC takes the goodness of Benchmark and makes it more natural & balanced, Black Cube lacks some details and can be a bit blurry.

Jun 18, 2006 at 4:34 AM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by aerius
CEC is best, then Benchmark, then Black Cube.

CEC takes the goodness of Benchmark and makes it more natural & balanced, Black Cube lacks some details and can be a bit blurry.

I am shocked that Benchmark's amp can beat Black Cube.
Did they use HD6x0 for evaluation?

Jun 18, 2006 at 6:35 AM Post #6 of 7
Me too. Can't believe this conclusion on Lehmann Black Cube Linear. The BCL is one of the most detailed headamp available in the market today, regardless of price. I heard comments about it can be "too neutral and detailed", and therefore less involving by some audiophiles (especially compared to some of the tubed amps) but this is the first time someone is it is not detailed enough.

Would appreciate someone who have actually heard the two can share their views.

F. Lo

Jun 18, 2006 at 2:08 PM Post #7 of 7
Would have been more interesting if they had used some of the more popular phones fron Sennheiser, AKG and Grado.
I do not think evaluating headphones and headamps are one of their strong points, but I'm sure they are very capable of decerning something that sounds good or not. The Koss Pro4AAA are long in tooth, they were my phones back in the mid seventies, the Goldring's may be fine but I've never heard them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back