Uh-oh, broke my sunglasses...
Jul 21, 2005 at 6:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

seeberg

Headphoneus Supremus
Check it 'yall, I've been in Port Orford, Oregon(the westernmost point in the contintental US-I think. Battle Rock is there, and so is the beach
biggrin.gif
) and I was helping my brother move some stuff into a storage unit and I stepped on my $16 Docker's sunglasses, breaking off one of the arm thingies(dunno what they're called). They are irrepairably damaged, and I'd like to know if anyone has any suggestions for nice cheap and comfortable/effective sunglasses for under $20. Basically, I want either the KSC75 or SR60 of sunglasses now that I am shopping around for a pair once again.

Otherwise, I'm getting a pair on my own, and we all know what that might lead to
wink.gif
biggrin.gif

(wallet burning regret, perhaps?)
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 21, 2005 at 6:15 AM Post #2 of 7
Keep in mind that that UV protection stuff costs very little to add to frames, so cheaper ones at stores that claim to have it probably do.

After that, just make sure they feel sturdy and don't strain your eyes (super cheap lenses can do this).

Maybe this time you can go for a plastic frame. I always thought plastic looked cheaper, but it looks like I'm upgrading to $1xx oakley's from $3x metal fossils for the durability.

Jul 21, 2005 at 6:55 AM Post #3 of 7
Im rough on sunglasses... $120 oakleys... one afternoon on the volleyball courts digging in the sand, sweat dripping all over the place... lenses ruined. Flip over the bars on my mountain bike, crush the visor on my helmet with the dirt trail and I snap the frames in 2.

I now buy cheap sunglasses knowing they will get destroyed in one summer. pacific bicycle has some nice house brand models for ~$25 for cycling and volleyball. For casual I usually get mossimos at target for under $15.

Garrett

Jul 21, 2005 at 7:30 AM Post #4 of 7
Thanks for the suggestions(sorry about your walletsL
biggrin.gif
Oakely's? Ouch!). I'll start searching for a nice replacement in the next couple of days. If my brother (the one mentioned) does any running around town, I'll check and see what I can find. My current preference is for what I originally had:

UV protected lenses(they didn't filter heavy glare, unfortunately) with a dark color that just turns down the brightness(no crazy colored lenses, unless I find badass red ones), open frames(that's what you call it?)- nothing around the lenses except their 'bridge' and 'arms', which usually were screwed in, and adjustable 'nose rests'.

That's what my last pair had, so I'll try to look for the same in a new pair, preferrably with improvements if I can find them. And if I find them for cheaper, wOOt, I'll say
biggrin.gif
My wallet will pat me on the back, for sure...

BTW, I think they were DS118's, featured here.
5000smile.gif
Abe

Jul 21, 2005 at 8:08 AM Post #5 of 7
You know, for $30 more, you could get...

J/K...

Jul 21, 2005 at 8:37 AM Post #6 of 7
After I broke several noname one and lost my expensive Boss sunglasses, I switched to ballistic polycarbonate types. Recently I use Guarder G-C3, which are quite cheap for what you get with - see the link. Favorite item among many airsoft players.
tongue.gif

Or you can still get more expensive stuff like Oakley, Wiley X or Bolle.

Jul 21, 2005 at 10:57 AM Post #7 of 7
My dad is a imports sunglasses and has a shipment of 300,000 of them coming in tomorrow.
plainface.gif
If I see another one im gonna puke.
rolleyes.gif
But yeah I would go to the mall and buy some generic sunglasses.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back