UFC 124: GSP Koscheck 2
Dec 10, 2010 at 10:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

s2odin

Head-Fier
Who's gonna be watching UFC 124 tomorrow night?  I know I'm going to B Dubs to go watch the fight.  I hope GSP can finish this fight unlike his last few, which went to decision, like his last fight with Koscheck

Dec 10, 2010 at 10:48 AM Post #2 of 27
GSP will win again, it might be a repeat of the first one. I'm hoping he'll knock him out this time. What I'm really waiting to see is a Sonen vs Silva rematch. Silva got whooped for 4.5 rounds and lucked out with a submission.

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:17 AM Post #3 of 27
This UFC event is in GSP's backyard. GSP will be more than ready and take it in 3 rounds. Sonnen tested positive for performance enhancing drugs after the fight with Silva and is now out of the UFC for a year. Vitor Belfort will be fighting Silva sometime early in the new year.

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:22 AM Post #4 of 27

Interesting fight Belfort vs Silva. I dunno, Belfort got beat by a lot of people over the years, then again he was fighting at a higher weight class. We will see.
Quote:
This UFC event is in GSP's backyard. GSP will be more than ready and take it in 3 rounds. Sonnen tested positive for performance enhancing drugs after the fight with Silva and is now out of the UFC for a year. Vitor Belfort will be fighting Silva sometime early in the new year.

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:29 AM Post #5 of 27

Quote:

And especially since Koscheck has been talking bad about Montreal.  I just hope GSP can finally get a submission or something, since he looked so good against Hardy but never got anything.

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #7 of 27
After watching TUF, I've realized that Koscheck suffers from severe mental issues. He reminds me of all those insecure bullies in high school and college, one of whom stole my Big Bird. 

Dec 10, 2010 at 11:51 AM Post #8 of 27

Wait........is their 2 FallenAngels on this forum......... Yours is missing the xX on both sides.....
blink.gif

Quote:
GSP will kick that little trash talking guy's ass, again! :)  I so wanted to take off to Montreal to catch the fight in person, but I have things I need to do this weekend. :frowning2:  Oh well, still going to catch it at a pub.

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:26 PM Post #12 of 27
A freind of mine recently saw a bio about Josh. Appparently as a child,  he was the only biracial kid growing up in a town somewhere in Pennyslvania and got picked on alot because of it. He had to learn how to fight in order to defend himself. I can understand why he is not a people person as he spent his childhood fighting other people who thought he was inferior. In college he didn't have many friends because he was very intimidating and always looking for a fight.

Quote:
After watching TUF, I've realized that Koscheck suffers from severe mental issues. He reminds me of all those insecure bullies in high school and college, one of whom stole my Big Bird. 

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:42 PM Post #13 of 27

He grew up about 30min. from me. Went 42-0 as a NCAA Division 1 ,wrestler at edinboro college. It is a very White redneck Farm community so i can see what he had to deal with. He has to deal with a lot more on Saturday though
biggrin.gif

Quote:
A freind of mine recently saw a bio about Josh. Appparently as a child,  he was the only biracial kid growing up in a town somewhere in Pennyslvania and got picked on alot because of it. He had to learn how to fight in order to defend himself. I can understand why he is not a people person as he spent his childhood fighting other people who thought he was inferior. In college he didn't have many friends because he was very intimidating and always looking for a fight.

Quote:

Dec 10, 2010 at 12:54 PM Post #14 of 27

Quote:

Mitigating circumstances sure, but he's an adult now. I grew up an ethnic outcast in the ghetto and dealt with violence and condescension on a daily basis. But I never became a total douche. :D

Dec 10, 2010 at 3:19 PM Post #15 of 27
I follow collegiate  Wrestling so I have followed Koscheck's MMA career with great interest. His wrestling is his core strength, so he has worked on becoming a better striker. I think that in the last year or two he has tried too hard to prove that he's more than a wrestler, so he stands and bangs ignoring his core strength, to his detriment.

So Koscheck is my favorite MMA fighter. I watched some of TUF, and he came off as an Idiot and an AH. He certainly makes it tough to root for him. I enjoy rooting for an underdog so I'll still be rooting for Koscheck, although I don't think that he's as big an underdog as the current odds indicate (Kos is currently @ +300). I think Kos should be about a +175 to +200

I'd love to find a bar to watch the fight in, but I have no idea how to go about finding one. I'm undecided if I'll spend $55 for PPV.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back