UE's next move? (a universal housing for UE-11's?)
Aug 31, 2008 at 1:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

BloodSugar00

Headphoneus Supremus
I think title sums up my purpose of this thread really. Anybody reckon UE's would make the move of converting the UE11 technology into a universal option?

Aug 31, 2008 at 1:12 AM Post #2 of 14
I do. I think that's what's next from them and the Triples will fall to a 2/3rd level and be named the pros and a new Triple fi will take the form of the new Super fi 5s and be called the Triple fi for a middle position doing away with the Super fi 5 pros. The Super fi 5s will replace the current Super fi 3s.

EDIT - Actually the UE 11s will be caled the Quad fi-11 Pros and the current Triples will be called just the Triple fi-10s and will enhabit the 2/3rd spot.

Aug 31, 2008 at 1:16 AM Post #3 of 14
I don't know if they'd just move the UE-11 into a universal housing but rather try & create a new 4 driver IEM.

Like the triple.fi & UE-10. Both 3 drivers but the sound is very different.

Aug 31, 2008 at 1:42 AM Post #4 of 14
There is the universal UE11 demo set UE created, but I think most people agree that the demo set (UE11 inner w/ universal eartips) doesn't sound as good as the real stuff (probably the same reason as why TF10 doesn't sound like UE10). If UE really want to make an universal Quadruple-fi 11,I'll say there still have a long way to go before they can tweak it to sound good for whatever price they want to sell it for.

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:08 AM Post #5 of 14
That would be something to look forward to.

Though, I just can't help but have a hunch they won't manufacture something that can compete with the the UE11 on even grounds, Since doing so could potentially have adverse effects on their sales.. such as customers who don't feel the need to go through the hassles of getting an ear impression done. or.. the added pressure of price drops due to competition (the UE11s are fixed price if I'm not mistaken).

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:20 AM Post #6 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by LocrEpinS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
That would be something to look forward to.

Though, I just can't help but have a hunch they won't manufacture something that can compete with the the UE11 on even grounds, Since doing so could potentially have adverse effects on their sales.. such as customers who don't feel the need to go through the hassles of getting an ear impression done. or.. the added pressure of price drops due to competition (the UE11s are fixed price if I'm not mistaken).

I had thought about that angle. Its a very good point in favour of not, really.I think it supports Nuwidol's idea that, if they do produce a 4-driver universal, it'll be independent to the UE-11's. Whether the mechanics are different- I don't know how different the mechanics of the UE-10's are to the triples- or they just market it different, I dunno. I think ClieOs makes an excelent point also, that any 4-driver universal they plan to release would have to endure a rigorous testing and tweaking process for a high universal fit hit %. I had no concrete perception or forecast on it myself really. God knows I don't need another IEM atm! However, was just posing the question for open-ended discussion really. Her's to optimism anyway
beerchug.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:35 AM Post #7 of 14
Speaking realistically, I'd look at what happens in the short term, specifically looking at if the company gets reorganized by Logitech. That said while I think quad driver universals would be fun, if they are baiscally just the universal UE11's I wouldn't expect that much of a price break over the customs, maybe $200-300. I think that if a universal quad driver IEM is on the horizon, then something in the vein of a triple fi 10 extension would be more likely.

Aug 31, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #9 of 14
I have pondered the idea of a 4 driver iem for a long time and who ever said that it will not be a lot cheaper then the custom is very wrong look at the triple fi at 400 vs the ue 10's at 900 the only difference is your adding one more driver to the damn thing one driver doesn't add 400 bucks so I would predict a price-point somewhere around 500-600 dollers at the most

Aug 31, 2008 at 2:53 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have pondered the idea of a 4 driver iem for a long time and who ever said that it will not be a lot cheaper then the custom is very wrong look at the triple fi at 400 vs the ue 10's at 900 the only difference is your adding one more driver to the damn thing one driver doesn't add 400 bucks so I would predict a price-point somewhere around 500-600 dollers at the most

School teaches no punctuation no more?
ksc75smile.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 4:04 PM Post #12 of 14
Quote:

I'm picturing someone turning blue trying to read that all in one go
icon10.gif
Most of us probably instinctively add punctuation even when none are present anyhow
atsmile.gif

I think your spot on!
icon10.gif
I hadn't noticed the total lack of any punctuation until chiefroastbeef cited it.

Aug 31, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

I'm picturing someone turning blue trying to read that all in one go
icon10.gif
Most of us probably instinctively add punctuation even when none are present anyhow
atsmile.gif

[Catching my breath]...[weezing, now] ...Okay, I can ehh...post a ..ugm...comment now. My comment is...LOL
biggrin.gif

Aug 31, 2008 at 10:33 PM Post #14 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by chiefroastbeef /img/forum/go_quote.gif
School teaches no punctuation no more?
ksc75smile.gif

Nor grammar?
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back