UE11PRO HISS(DIGITAL DISTORTION) PROBLEM
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

Midnighttown

Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Posts
50
Likes
0
my UE11pros arrived again last week after the refitting and my problem is I can't seem to eliminate the hiss on my Ipod5.5g 80g (HPout) -> UE11PRO and in some location i hear Local FM/AM music with minimal sound. thanks for any advice..
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:09 PM Post #2 of 25

Bonthouse

1000+ Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 7, 2007
Posts
1,366
Likes
11
This isn't the UE11PRO's fault, the iPod 5.5g is just poorly RF shielded. And next to that, the 5.5 hisses with all sensitive IEM's.
Try the Sansa Clip for a change, with my SE530 the hiss was almost inaudible
smily_headphones1.gif
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:20 PM Post #3 of 25

manaox2

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Posts
2,754
Likes
17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Bonthouse /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This isn't the UE11PRO's fault, the iPod 5.5g is just poorly RF shielded. And next to that, the 5.5 hisses with all sensitive IEM's.
Try the Sansa Clip for a change, with my SE530 the hiss was almost inaudible
smily_headphones1.gif



I didn't hear any hiss with the 5.5g iPod before. Or any other UE IEMs actually. The shuffle hisses a little. It could be the iPod or the IEMs are picking up interference, though it sounds more like the iPod.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:21 PM Post #4 of 25

Midnighttown

Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Posts
50
Likes
0
Tried it with an Ipod Classic 180gig and my Imac it sounded alot more with my Imac but the hiss is still there.. what if.. I use the dock lineout (like the Ibasso ones) will it eliminate the hiss?
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:23 PM Post #6 of 25

Midnighttown

Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Posts
50
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I didn't hear any hiss with the 5.5g iPod before. Or any other UE IEMs actually. The shuffle hisses a little.


Ipod 5.5g HP lineout? just opening it and plug my IEM i can hear the distortion. =(
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:28 PM Post #8 of 25

Midnighttown

Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Posts
50
Likes
0
Quote:

Originally Posted by manaox2 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yeah, none on the headphone out. If anything you might hear hard drive noise, but no hiss or radio frequencies.


thanks for the help.. i emailed UE about this problem sending it back is not an option.. and surely they have quality control on this type of iems
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:31 PM Post #9 of 25

manaox2

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Posts
2,754
Likes
17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnighttown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
thanks for the help.. i emailed UE about this problem sending it back is not an option.. and surely they have quality control on this type of iems


Can you find any other IEMs near you to test with? Unless area has an extreme amount of interference, it sounds like the sensitivity on your IEMs is a little too high. You shouldn't be picking up any FM frequencies with an iPod and IEMs.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #11 of 25

Midnighttown

Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Posts
50
Likes
0
well this is my one and only IEM and my previous headphone is the Boss QC3 tried this mod on http://www.ultimateears.com/_ultimat...e_objectID=225 I reverse it and it magnifically reduce the hiss but i can still hear them.. especially if i turn off the music d*mn i want an RSA P-51 =D
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:10 PM Post #12 of 25

manaox2

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Posts
2,754
Likes
17
Quote:

Originally Posted by hockeyb213 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can promise you it is just the sensitivity of the iem's. Even on a classic I can hear hiss on most iem's without using a amp.


I don't have the iPod to test with any more, but this is definitely the first I'm hearing of them picking up FM/AM frequencies.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:11 PM Post #13 of 25

Xena

Head-Fier
Joined
Nov 9, 2008
Posts
93
Likes
0
Hiss = noise. It's almost certainly from the Ipod. Want less hiss, get a player with a better S/N ratio.

Make sure the plug is pushed in all the way. I've had some that weren't fully in and hiss is definitely one of the symptoms of that.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #14 of 25

Midnighttown

Head-Fier
Joined
Oct 22, 2008
Posts
50
Likes
0
changing an mp3 player for me is an hard thing to do all my cd's are on Apple lossless nothing supports them besides ipods plug is really inserted as for the FM/AM thing maybe my ears are just fooling me i just heard them a couple of times at the same place =) i think of getting an Ipod lineout dock -> to HP out then an amp after that.
 
Nov 20, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #15 of 25

manaox2

Headphoneus Supremus
Joined
Jul 27, 2007
Posts
2,754
Likes
17
Quote:

Originally Posted by Midnighttown /img/forum/go_quote.gif
changing an mp3 player for me is an hard thing to do all my cd's are on Apple lossless nothing supports them besides ipods plug is really inserted as for the FM/AM thing maybe my ears are just fooling me i just heard them a couple of times at the same place =) i think of getting an Ipod lineout dock -> to HP out then an amp after that.


That will break your headphones likely if you do not use an amp with the line-out. There is no volume control, only line level signal (top volume) without one.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Top