UE10 Pro broke. What now?
Mar 23, 2009 at 10:02 PM Post #31 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by robm321 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
This is an exaggeration. The cable has never been micro phonic and I've had mine a long time. The cable has never cracked and it's bulkiness doesn't cause any problems or inconvenience to me. The extension cable is just a bonus. If it's a problem, don't use it. Why would it make a difference?

The 530 has a warm sound with and awesome midrange. The highs are a bit soft for my taste but it is a great IEM. The IE8 is another option that has a lot of good reviews. I'd go with the UE11. Sounds like overall you are not impressed with the UE10s analytical sound.

Why not get the E530 used, save up and then sell them when you get the UE11s?

I'm leaning more and more towards the se530's. As much as i loved the UE10's, they tend to sound a bit harsh on the ears after a while. Especially with lower quality recordings.

How is the instrument seperation and soundstage on the se530's by the way?

Mar 23, 2009 at 10:16 PM Post #32 of 36
It's not the last word on imaging which is usually the case when the highs are softer, but it definately isn't lacking in that area either.

Here's a UE10, Shure E500 comparison from LFF who is definately not biased considered he owned the UE10 at the time

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:36 PM Post #33 of 36
So i went out and got the se530's. I have to say that they sound very, very good. Great mids and bass. The highs are rolled off a bit but i don't mind it.

I tried a few different tips but finally decided on the medium foams. I got a bit of sibilance with the olives.

All in all, i'm very pleased with them. These will keep me busy till i'll eventually get the UE11's :p

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:39 PM Post #34 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by Harun /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm leaning more and more towards the se530's. As much as i loved the UE10's, they tend to sound a bit harsh on the ears after a while. Especially with lower quality recordings.

How is the instrument seperation and soundstage on the se530's by the way?

What is your source? I don't think they sound harsh at all.

Apr 2, 2009 at 12:42 PM Post #35 of 36
I would avoid the UE customs as of a few months ago, they have changed the way the cable connects to the earpiece. The new connection is fraught with potential problems and so much cheaper for UE to manufacture.

Apr 2, 2009 at 1:23 PM Post #36 of 36
Quote:

Originally Posted by iriverdude /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What is your source? I don't think they sound harsh at all.

Iphone 3G. They sounded harsh on the bad recordings. It wasn't neciserally the UE10's. They weren't forgiving at all, i think that was the case.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back