UE10 and UE11...which would you choose?
Aug 26, 2007 at 3:57 AM Post #32 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by DavidMahler /img/forum/go_quote.gif
i guess thats what makes a horse race. I personally can't imagine prefer the Shure E500s to the UE10s for any style of music. The day I received my UE10s, I gave my 2 month old Shure E500s to my best friend for 20 dollars, it made me sad just to look at them becuase I spent so much on something I really disliked. I feel like the Shure E500s are a picture of the sound under water, totally suffocating. In fact when I first bought the E500s I went back to the store thinking I had a defective pair and exchanged them but to my surprise that's really what they sound like.
frown.gif

I feel if the UE10s were distinctly warmer they may suffocate as well, so I'm glad that people have the option to choose the 10s instead of the 11s.

Hmm, I guess that is why IEM depends so much on how well it fits because I definitely do not feel Shure e500 suffocating. In fact, if I go ampless, I actually prefer to use Shure E500. On the other hand, if I amp, I actually prefer UE10. To me, without amping, Shure E500 pocess a much more exciting sound. That is why I am very curious about UE11 now.

Aug 26, 2007 at 4:28 AM Post #33 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hmm, I guess that is why IEM depends so much on how well it fits because I definitely do not feel Shure e500 suffocating. In fact, if I go ampless, I actually prefer to use Shure E500. On the other hand, if I amp, I actually prefer UE10. To me, without amping, Shure E500 pocess a much more exciting sound. That is why I am very curious about UE11 now.

Hmmmm, I've never listened to my UE10s or E500s without an amp, so I've never done that comparison. While I'm sure the sound would be different, I'm sure I would still prefer the UE10s by a tremendous margin.

Aug 26, 2007 at 5:24 AM Post #34 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by solvexyz /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Actually UE11 is an exciting version of UE10. UE10 could be on a boring side due to its neutrality.

Aug 27, 2007 at 4:17 AM Post #40 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those that have the UE10/11 how long did it take to have them made?

From the moment they get your impressions, it could take them 24 hours for an additional charge, 48 hours for a lesser charge or 14 days about

Aug 27, 2007 at 8:03 AM Post #42 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by naamanf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
For those that have the UE10/11 how long did it take to have them made?

It took about about 2 weeks after they got my impressions. I had artwork on them too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back