UE10 and UE11...which would you choose?
Aug 10, 2007 at 8:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 42

IEMaddict

100+ Head-Fier
If you had to choose between the UE10 and UE11, which would you choose? Alot of people say the UE10s are amazing, but the new UE11 according to UE are supposedly better. I personally would take the UE10, I love neutral sounding headphones.

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:40 AM Post #3 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by IEMaddict /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If you had to choose between the UE10 and UE11, which would you choose? Alot of people say the UE10s are amazing, but the new UE11 according to UE are supposedly better. I personally would take the UE10, I love neutral sounding headphones.

Neutral sounding is objective at best when it comes to transducers. BTW I chose UE 11's

Aug 11, 2007 at 1:53 AM Post #4 of 42
Own both, I choose UE11, the extra separation, air, richness are some of the pluses

Aug 11, 2007 at 8:38 AM Post #8 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by shineman /img/forum/go_quote.gif
If the UE10 is a neutral sound, what is the sound signature of the UE11?

Colored?
evil_smiley.gif

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:17 PM Post #9 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Colored?
evil_smiley.gif

Uhm, I wouldn't say it colored. it's more exciting due to the extra high and bass hehe.

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:27 PM Post #10 of 42
UE11, since more = better, right?
More drivers, higher number, more expensive!

But seriously, if I had this kind of money to throw away, I'd take the UE11 over the UE10, partially because it's newer and thus probably has the better technology, and it seems to be more about enjoying the music rather than analyzing it, when you compare it to UE10 (that's not to say that UE10 is clinical or whatever, but just compared to UE11).

Aug 24, 2007 at 2:54 PM Post #11 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by tk3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
UE11, since more = better, right?
More drivers, higher number, more expensive!

But seriously, if I had this kind of money to throw away, I'd take the UE11 over the UE10, partially because it's newer and thus probably has the better technology, and it seems to be more about enjoying the music rather than analyzing it, when you compare it to UE10 (that's not to say that UE10 is clinical or whatever, but just compared to UE11).

To me enjoying music, isn't always about the physical aspect of a booming bass and warm ("Cuddly") sound signature. But no headphones is the same as the other, so about this specific ue10\11 issue I don't have an opinion...

Aug 24, 2007 at 3:19 PM Post #12 of 42
If neutral is what you're looking for, the UE10 is the way to go. Personally I have found that neutral is not really my flavor. I prefer a bit of color and excitement in my life.

Since I already own the 10's, I emailed UE about the difference between the 10 and the 11...

Sonic wise the UE-11 sounds like a combination of a 7 Pro and 10 Pro on steroids. The 11 has a curve much like the 7 Pro. We are using the same high driver in the 11 as we do with the 10.

The 11 is much warmer and not ear fatiguing at all when it comes to the highs as it has a very full but not overstated mid and bass response.

Here is a great review on a comparison from an Audiophile between the 10 and the 11:

http://www.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=255675

I love the fact that they are sending out Jude's review...he's famous....

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:19 PM Post #13 of 42
Quote:

Originally Posted by wolfB
Quote:
Colored?

Quote:

Originally Posted by jlingo
Uhm, I wouldn't say it colored. it's more exciting due to the extra high and bass hehe.

Yep - colored compared to the UE10 then, but apparently not in a bad way

Aug 24, 2007 at 4:20 PM Post #14 of 42
ordered the ue11...primarily because it's not main headphone rig and I can do with a little color when listening while moving around.
For critical listening, I think full sized headphones serve that purpose, so with portable, just want the pure enjoyment factor.

Aug 24, 2007 at 7:07 PM Post #15 of 42
bass is very overwhelming with the ue11 the ue10 (IMHO) offers ultimately better sound but musically,the ue11 are amazing,i think what it is is the ue10 are aimed at pro's so offer cleaner sound in the mids and highs,the ue11 are aimed at consumers giving a warmer more playful sound,infact pretty similar in fact to my se530's,so those that dont like the punchy bass of the e500's probly should go for ue10's,this is my opinion ofcourse and some will love the concept of more seperation with the ue11's but this is barely noticable to be honest

Users who are viewing this thread

Back