UE XXX and Shure E500 Updates?
May 27, 2006 at 10:24 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Trogdor

Reviewer: Metal-Fi
I'm assuming the E500 is still on track for 6/15 release date, retail $499.99.

What about the XXX? Any new info regarding these IEMs? I emailed UE yesterday and still have not heard anything (probably the holiday, they are usually lightening fast in responding).

May 27, 2006 at 11:02 PM Post #2 of 15
E500's can be preordered for 399 with Fed Ex shipping, from our vendors here and the XXX's were supposed to have a retail of 350-399. My guess would be mid-summerish, maybe the end of June for the E500's that is just hear say from what I read though.

May 28, 2006 at 1:50 AM Post #5 of 15
I suspect with the Shure's, 399 is probably what the market will sell it as.

As for driving the E500's without an amp, sure, they were designed for just this application. However, with all things HeadFi, an amp and proper DA conversion, your sound will vastly improved.

I tried the E500 for 1-2 hours with my notebook, then with my Apogee, then with my Apogee and a SFT amp and they improved significantly through each test (really, it was quite noticeable). What's interesting about the E500 is the bass. Man they are bass friendly to the say the least. Very deep. The upper mids and treble are a tad fuzzy to me - they remind me of the RS-1's a lot actually. Very musical IEMs.

The Triple X from what I understand is basically the UE10's with a small bass boost so they were probably be more accurate in the treble range (total conjecture by me).

I was just curious about release date!

May 28, 2006 at 1:59 AM Post #6 of 15
Sorry, I must've missed this...what is the UE XXX? Does it have three drivers? Is there any press release link from UE with info?...I can't find it on their website. Thanks.

Peace,

Graz

May 28, 2006 at 11:59 AM Post #7 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Graz
Sorry, I must've missed this...what is the UE XXX? Does it have three drivers? Is there any press release link from UE with info?...I can't find it on their website. Thanks.

Peace,

Graz

You won't but the guys from UE have stated that its coming out. Please use the Search functionality and look for many threads regarding the XXX.

May 29, 2006 at 5:58 AM Post #9 of 15
is UE XXX this official name or just a speculative name for the IEM's? to me having a pair of XXX just doesn't ring in my ears....

May 29, 2006 at 6:18 AM Post #10 of 15
As I know the detail from UE it should be superfi XXX. Triple trivers dual low and single high, universal fit, more colour eg. red and blue and the price will cheaper than E500.

May 29, 2006 at 12:11 PM Post #11 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibo
An UE rep told me that XXX release date is sometime in July.

That kinda sucks! I thought the XXX was suppose to be out BEFORE the E500 or at least at the sametime (I guess a few weeks isn't really that big of a deal).

May 29, 2006 at 12:18 PM Post #12 of 15
Good things come to those who wait
rolleyes.gif

May 29, 2006 at 12:39 PM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by thrice
As stated earlier, June 15th is the official release date for the E500. I have this confirmed through a rep at Shure.

Glad to hear that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back