UE TripleFi 10??
Feb 11, 2012 at 1:08 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 21

GhosT98

New Head-Fier
Hey guys,

I just found the TripleFi 10 for extraordinarily cheap - $250!! 
eek.gif
I'm aware of the issues, like huge earpieces and some sibilance, but for the price...

Should I just go for it, or are similarly priced (but less discounted) IEMs like the Westone 2 a better bet?

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:46 AM Post #4 of 21
Well, for half off...sounds like a good deal to me. TF10s really aren't all that prone to sibilance, by the way. If you listen to any electronic stuff you'll likely love them.

Feb 11, 2012 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 21
good gawd...
TF10 are pretty much top tier IEMs as long as you're ok with its short falls. I just got a UE custom series cable for my nearly 2 year old TF10 and now I can say they are perfect since comfort is no longer an issue. IMO TF10 are a clear notch above W2. Try and find them cheaper somewhere though cause that price is pretty insane.

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #6 of 21
Yes the TF10 is technically more capable than the W2, but it still depends on your preferred sound signature. That said, the TF10 is one of my favourite universals and as long as you don't have fit issues, you should like them.

Consider asking someone in the States to buy it off Amazon for you for only $165 instead. Even with shipping, that's still quite a bit cheaper. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #7 of 21

Quote:
Yes the TF10 is technically more capable than the W2, but it still depends on your preferred sound signature. That said, the TF10 is one of my favourite universals and as long as you don't have fit issues, you should like them.

Consider asking someone in the States to buy it off Amazon for you for only $165 instead. Even with shipping, that's still quite a bit cheaper. 

Or maybe buy a pair from a reputable ebay seller who will ship internationally - you can still get a sealed pair from the Black Friday sale for around $130...

I don't think there is a worry about fakes with the TF10...

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:03 PM Post #9 of 21

I bought TF10's for the same reason that you are attracted to  - discounted price.

Unfortunately i was rather disappointed with actual performance of them.

For me the mids were somewhat recessed, highs too shrilly but bass was quite nice. The soundstage is not on the big side & this combined with poor imaging/separation it felt like sound was being channelled into my ears through narrow straws - just my impression of them. They are sitting unused & I have not got round to selling them.    

If your prefferred music genre leans towards EDM (trance, electro, drum, dub etc) Rap Hip-Hop, Pop & classic rock i can highly reccommnend Yamaha EPH-100 (£80 UK). If  its strongly towards classical or Jazz than maybe something else. Let me know what you will listen to mostly.

EPH100 has the best fit/isolation out of all dynamic driver phones, big punchy bass, warm mids & measured treble that has clear details without fatiguing your ears with shrills. Best of all it has superb separation that really shines with EDM giving you a virtual 3D like immersion. There is a good active thread on the Yamaha EPH-100 that you can take a look at for more info.  

Don't get the TF10's because of its discounted price.  They might have been great few years back but things have moved on.

Feb 11, 2012 at 5:46 PM Post #10 of 21
The TF10 like the ER4/P/S have stood the test of time, they're very good, performers, i'll even say top-tier. The TF10 is very sensitive to sources though, it can go from bright to darker. Only few dynamics are on par imo, definitely not any that have boosted bass as dynamic bass gets very loose easily no matter how good the driver. 

Feb 11, 2012 at 7:39 PM Post #12 of 21
I listen to all types of genres with my main focus on electronic, and I think the TF10 does justice to all of them. I really don't think you can get a better earphone for the price, considering all the prices go up in the AUS dollar. But again, opinions vary.

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:02 PM Post #13 of 21
TF10 is great for EDM, and also metal/hard rock.  It's still a top tier IEM.

Feb 11, 2012 at 9:27 PM Post #14 of 21
Just checked audioaffair.co.uk. They can have EPH-100 delivered to Aus for 115AUD.

Do take your time & pick thd right IEM for your music taste. There is no perfect IEM that will do every genre excellent.
Don't let the price be main reason.

Feb 11, 2012 at 10:34 PM Post #15 of 21

Quote:
The TF10 like the ER4/P/S have stood the test of time, they're very good, performers, i'll even say top-tier. The TF10 is very sensitive to sources though, it can go from bright to darker. Only few dynamics are on par imo, definitely not any that have boosted bass as dynamic bass gets very loose easily no matter how good the driver. 

I think that hit it dead on. Borderline impossible to listen to on my smartphone because of insufficient power yet it's nothing short of a miracle on my TouchPad. Then again, TouchPad has a beefed up version of the SGS 1's DAC+more power so it makes sense.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back