UE TripleFi 10 replacement
Dec 16, 2010 at 12:40 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

forbidden

New Head-Fier
Hey everyone so I got my UE TripleFi 10s today and I ran into some problems. When I took it out of the box, the right cable was kind of loose for the right earphone. I thought it wasn't a problem since I knew that it was replaceable. It kept happening though and eventually it snapped off after the few hours I used it for. I was like oh doesn't seem like this is what its supposed to be since it was showing a red and green wire. I googled some stuff to see how to reatach it but then the pictures and diagrams weren't the same as mine. I was seeing a kind of 2 pronged plug when replacing but mine was cables. Then I took a gamble and tried doing the left side, and to my shock it was completely different! It was the plug type and now I was kind of scared. 

I called them and had a bit of a tough time because they said I'd have to wait two weeks even before checking to see if I could replace it. I was kind of upset and then I asked to talk to a manager to help sort things out, ended up talking to a manager and they said that they could replace it with the vi model (not really sure what the difference is between the vi and regular one though).

Now my question is, I didn't really catch if they said "email" or "mail". When asking for a replacement for Logitech, do they ship out a shipping box/label for you? Or do they email you the label? Thanks!! I'll post some pictures of the headphones in a bit. 

Dec 16, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #3 of 14
Oh I see thanks for the info! So the actual earphones are still going to be the same? 

Anyone have any idea if I should be expecting an email or an actual package from them?

Dec 16, 2010 at 5:59 AM Post #8 of 14
omg lol..how did that even happen...looks like a bit of soldering and super club would fix it right up :)

Dec 17, 2010 at 5:51 PM Post #11 of 14
My TF10 started playing lower in the right ear than the left. I called Logitech they told me to try to get amazon to replace it first. I called amazon and not in stock so they wanted to credit the return. I hemmed and hawed that I wanted them replaced. They told me to order the 184.99 partner one and overnight it issued a return for the defective one and gave me 107.00 credit for the difference in price. I had to fight but I was still able to get a replacement pair for the 94.99.

Dec 17, 2010 at 6:26 PM Post #13 of 14

Quote:
That's a classic. Had the same problem twice with UE: SF5pro and SF3. Built quality is crap.

hopefully it dont happen again. LOL but at least I got the same price and they will be here tomorrow and others will be shipped back and credited. All in all no out of pocket money.

Jan 20, 2011 at 10:55 PM Post #14 of 14
Finally came today :)

A bit of a delay in transit because I'm in Canada but I'm just happy that I finally got them :). Listening to them and they're awesome sauce! Whats the app that will help me burn them in?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back