UE Triple Fi, Sleek SA6, or Shure SE 530 to pair with a zune?
Aug 5, 2008 at 7:22 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

masamune9210

New Head-Fier
Hi, I'm back with another question, and after a little more research, I have decided to pick up a zune, since I lack the financial resources to get an amp, and the zune has decent SQ already.

The latest question is, UE Triple fi. 10, SA6 or Shure SE 530 to go with my shiny new zune. I would like to experience my world of aural bliss ASAP, and any opinions to help me come to the correct conclusion are welcome.

I listen to mostly classical music, some rock, and a little bit of everything

I am looking for an even sound to be produced when the IEMs + zune unite. Accurate reproduction is priority, with soundstage being the next highest priority (this is why I didn't list the Ety ER4P, since I heard the soundstage was crappy)

also, is it necessary to get an amp, since I am a frequent commuter, and would not like to carry a really bulky package in the pocket of my jeans.

Also, is it safe to walk around in a crowded area with IEMs, because I can only justify the investment if they can be used when im walking in a mall/around downtown and its safe(as in I won't get hit by a car, because I didn't hear it coming).

EDIT: someone know how to stop my name from screwing up the layout of the page, the page becomes really wide after I post.

Aug 5, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #3 of 12
maybe get a shorter name? I don't know if that's possible though..

Aug 6, 2008 at 1:23 AM Post #4 of 12
i read the comparison, and it was really informative, but im wondering if anyone has specific experience with zune 80 + any of those 3 IEMs, because I think I can't go wrong with any of them, but I'd like this to be a hit, not a hit and a miss, because my wallet can't afford to miss. It seems the Triples have more veiled/darker highs, where as the shure has really rolled off highs, and a thumpy bass, and the SA6 are really neutral. Not much has been said about how accurate the reproduction of the recordings are. I am also curious about how many people have been turned off the by the bad fit of the triples.

Aug 6, 2008 at 1:57 AM Post #5 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessipoo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
maybe get a shorter name? I don't know if that's possible though..

I'll say the same. You should ask a mod to change your user name. Using email address as user name is a very bad idea.

Aug 6, 2008 at 2:13 AM Post #6 of 12
I have the SA6s and they work very well with the Zune80. Even better, I bump up the bass by plugging in a cheap FiiO amp. Does a nice job as a bass boost, without messing up the mids/highs.

Aug 6, 2008 at 11:23 AM Post #7 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ClieOS /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll say the same. You should ask a mod to change your user name. Using email address as user name is a very bad idea.

x2. Stand by for junk mail....at best. Your username = scammers delight.

You're only at 6 posts - change it if you can or re-register.

Aug 6, 2008 at 4:23 PM Post #8 of 12
i already asked a mod to change it, now back to the headphones, which one would be superior for presenting classical music, with accurate reproduction of the recording while still not sounding too bad with other genres of music?

Aug 7, 2008 at 5:46 PM Post #11 of 12
Because I have those phones and it matches well with the Zune80. It's a suggestion based on my experience. Never owned the other two, so can't help you. Oh, it's also less money and will offer wireless soon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back