UE Triple.Fi 10 goes Custom
Dec 25, 2011 at 6:51 AM Post #63 of 72
I'll be contacting them after the holidays and shipping in my TF10s and molds. I plan to go through with this regardless. I hope this group buy comes to fruition though, but since the buy seems to be in place already I'll remain optimistic.

Jan 3, 2012 at 9:25 PM Post #64 of 72
There is a group buy going on. In fact i believe they have gone with 15 ppl.

I have however decided to go with 1964 because they give me more confidence and ppl there are just awesome.

I got it when they had the discount for tf10 remolds. The total came out to under 200 with shipping. I live in California, Oregon is much closer than China and Florida.

Also UM recommends you report the value of you product as $30 for custom purposes, something I am not comfortable with. Especially, in the event of customs drama . In addition China is far far away. I wanted decent quality as local as possible. Had fisher been closer, I may have opted for them. If I lived in HK Id get a ride to their office and have them remolded. UM is the best balance between quality and price IMHO. 

I will let you folks know how things go.

Jan 4, 2012 at 4:07 AM Post #65 of 72

Quote:

I have however decided to go with 1964 because they give me more confidence and ppl there are just awesome.

I got it when they had the discount for tf10 remolds. The total came out to under 200 with shipping. I live in California, Oregon is much closer than China and Florida.

Also UM recommends you report the value of you product as $30 for custom purposes, something I am not comfortable with. Especially, in the event of customs drama . In addition China is far far away. I wanted decent quality as local as possible. Had fisher been closer, I may have opted for them. If I lived in HK Id get a ride to their office and have them remolded. UM is the best balance between quality and price IMHO. 

Link to said group buy?

Jan 5, 2012 at 8:43 AM Post #66 of 72

Quote:
I agree but, can't use a mic cable with an amp or an amp/dac.  Someday, somebody will come up with the total solution.  Great IEM's need a great source in order to really hear what they can do.  I do not have great but I am pretty happy with mine (for the moment). 

That's what's happening when you plug a miced cable into a PDP.  I use my TFvi cable with an external amp all the time.  Why wouldn't one be able to do so?
And Beat Audio makes one, but it's just ludicrously priced ($250).

Jan 5, 2012 at 2:00 PM Post #67 of 72

Quote:
That's what's happening when you plug a miced cable into a PDP.  I use my TFvi cable with an external amp all the time.  Why wouldn't one be able to do so?
And Beat Audio makes one, but it's just ludicrously priced ($250).

Just like anything with Beats on the label... :) BTW love the avatar lol.

Jan 16, 2012 at 9:07 PM Post #68 of 72

Quote:
I live in California, Oregon is much closer than China and Florida.

I wanted decent quality as local as possible. Had fisher been closer, I may have opted for them. 

Unless you're taking them over yourself directly, I can't imagine the difference between Oregon and Florida via priority mail from California would be more than an extra day of shipping lol.  Impressions + TF10s + hard case fit easily into a USPS priority mail flat rate small box :)

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:21 PM Post #70 of 72

Quote:
I live in California, Oregon is much closer than China and Florida.

I wanted decent quality as local as possible. Had fisher been closer, I may have opted for them. 

Unless you're taking them over yourself directly, I can't imagine the difference between Oregon and Florida via priority mail from California would be more than an extra day of shipping lol.  Impressions + TF10s + hard case fit easily into a USPS priority mail flat rate small box :)

Yes Florida doesnt quite fall in to the same distance as China. You are prob correct about it not taking more than a day between Florida and CA. I just felt that should there be any fit issues , for which there are, a day quicker sending and receiving seems less stressful. :)

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #71 of 72
USPS priority envelope...even cheaper :)

I used a box with usps and it was cheap already! 8 bucks tracking insurance and all

Jan 31, 2012 at 6:31 PM Post #72 of 72

Quote:

Link to said group buy?

I apologize for the late reply I'm not sure if I can post it here. If you still need to link pm me otherwise email kaysen or call fisher they are well aware of the group buy gd luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back