UE triple fi 10 for $289. Worth it?
Mar 16, 2009 at 7:58 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 41

ibis99

100+ Head-Fier
I found them Brand New for $289. Should I do it?
I did like my Pro 5's when I first started this addiction.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:09 PM Post #2 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ibis99 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I found them Brand New for $289. Should I do it?
I did like my Pro 5's when I first started this addiction.

Whats wrong with the SE530's??? Your kind of making a downgrade here buying the UE TF10..IMO.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:13 PM Post #3 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Whats wrong with the SE530's??? Your kind of making a downgrade here buying the UE TF10..IMO.

I disagree totally, I had the E500, sold them on for the triple's and preferred them overall, especially the highs, which were far superior.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:14 PM Post #4 of 41
Definitely not a downgrade, more like a sidestep. Who says SE530s are better than Triple Fi. It goes either way all the time, its all opinions.

Either way, $289 still seems steep.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:15 PM Post #5 of 41
Definitely not a downgrade, more like a sidestep. Who says SE530s are better than Triple Fi. It goes either way all the time, its all opinions.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:16 PM Post #6 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Big Kev /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I disagree totally, I had the E500, sold them on for the triple's and preferred them overall, especially the highs, which were far superior.

Good for you...I myself prefer HIGHS that are natural. Also the midrange and BASS of the SE530s are superior to the UE TF10...

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:21 PM Post #7 of 41
A QUANTUM LEAP YES , they are a different phone than the super 5's . a waaay bigger soundstage especially if you use lossless , the treble is a lot more airy , better seperation between insturments , the bass goes deeeeper and there is less midbass , you could say the bass response on the triple fi 10's is flatter . This makes a better presentation for more genres of music . I used to have the super fi 5's and when I got my triple fi 10's , the first thing I notice was it was more like listining to full size cans because of the bigger soundstage that I have referenced above. Also I think this phone exibits just the right amount of detail , just one small tinny small minor issue I have ,( and I mean minor ), is that on some recordings , there seems to be a little too much treble energy , (I just EQ a little and it works for me) , you will still get an airy presentation in the high frequencies that lends itself to a bigger soundstage . Allso with that price . if it comes from an authorized dealer , I would say goooo for it . I hope this helps

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:25 PM Post #9 of 41
Quote:

I've read where the TF10 have better highs and flatter response. I like my SE530's but Im a bigger fan of my Ety ER4-S amped with my P-51.

Someone in another thread metioned that TF10's "were like Ety's detail but added bas.

the SE530's are great all dayers but I miss the detail in the upper end. great phones though.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:28 PM Post #10 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif

$289.99 is the cheapest I've found.

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:31 PM Post #11 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by rsatmans /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'm going to have to disagree on shure's highs sounding natural. In my experience with e4c and se530 they definitely rolled off or better yet kit a brick wall. Se530 are great iem but they are not for everyone.

They are natural, you will never hear highs that pronounced in a concert or other live event. In a concert you hardly hear the cymbals crashing in the background because the vocals and drums are more present and that is what the SE530's excel in. Shure aimed for the SE530s to replicate a concert not studio monitoring or precise listening. That is why I am going to buy the Westone ES3X so I use those for my precise listening and my SE530s for a lively feeling incase the ES3X's don't have better MIDS than the SE530s which I think it is better.....we will see
tongue.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 8:46 PM Post #13 of 41
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spyro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Concerts and live events are usually pretty crappy sound. I too, prefer TFPro to SE530.

$289 is an excellent price. I'd jump on it.

Well yea because the speakers they use are soooo amplified they distort...The Shure SE530's gives a concert sytle sound in a detail non distorted way...
The UE TF10 are like a good set of headphones and the SE530s are like a good set of speakers.

Mar 16, 2009 at 9:08 PM Post #14 of 41
Quote:

Well yea because the speakers they use are soooo amplified they distort...The Shure SE530's gives a concert sytle sound in a detail non distorted way...
The UE TF10 are like a good set of headphones and the SE530s are like a good set of speakers.

Voltag3 I love your dedication!
L3000.gif

Mar 16, 2009 at 9:10 PM Post #15 of 41
Quote:

You could go on about this forever couldn't you. I've seen you make the same points pretty much in every thread where Shure SE530s are mentioned. And most of the time, you aren't even responding to unreasonable comments, but you simply can't believe that anyone may like IEMs more than the SE530s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back