UE Super.fi 4vi vs Westone UM1
Jan 19, 2008 at 6:50 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

vii_haven

100+ Head-Fier
Besides the the obvious difference that one has a mic and one doesn't, how does the sound differ between these two earphones?

Are the Super.fi 4vi as detailed and upclose as the UM1?

And how bassy are the super.fi 4vi? UM2 kinda bass or Livewire kinda bass?

Anyone can help on this? Been thinking of a replacement earphone for my iphone, and will be good if it had a mic but i can do without it too. Am currently using the Livewires (and used to use the UM1 and UM2 for a long time).

Jan 20, 2008 at 4:48 PM Post #5 of 6
I found the 4vi to be quite good, but I can't comment on any of the questions you've outlined as I haven't tried the other products.

Several have reported the little rubber cover on the microphone button coming off. In the short time I had the 4vi, it came loose too.

If you want to read more of my impressions of the 4vi (esp. in comparison) to the V-Moda Vibe Duos, check out my past posts.

Jan 22, 2008 at 10:48 PM Post #6 of 6
I just got my 4vi's today. I like them a lot better than the Vibes. Bass is tighter and the high's seem crisper and more pronounced to me. But I've only been listening to them for about 2 hours. As for the UM2, it definitely doesn't have the UM2 bass impact. They are not as warm as the UM2's. I don't think that they have the detail that the UM2 has either. I've not heard Livewires so I can't compare. But overall I think the 4vi is a great iPhone IEM.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back