UE Pro 4 vs. JH 5 Pro
Jun 26, 2010 at 12:20 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Karter01

New Head-Fier
Hi guys,

I have been doing my research and have found a few topics here and there about these two IEM's...but nothing to satisfy me purchasing one or the other. I know a little about both, but I would like to talk to someone who has owned both or something close.

I am sure they are pretty comparable, but which ones would you go with and why? I know JH offers colors and all that, but I am more concerned about function over looks.
That being said, I am a musician and a listener. I do not currently own an amp but would purchase one eventually. Also, I would spend a lot of time listening to them through an ipod as I travel.
I have heard a few fitting issues for the JH's, some poor customer service with UE, but also good things about both...so its a toss up!

Any help would be appreciated.

Jun 27, 2010 at 3:56 AM Post #3 of 5
If you're looking at budget customs, don't forget sleek audio's ct6, and also fidelity customs.

Jun 27, 2010 at 11:44 AM Post #4 of 5
I can only comment on a short listen to the JH5 but I have an experienced ear. The limitations were more at the very extremes than the mids and subtle. Without a listen to a JH13 which I prefer to the 16, some of this would be hard to notice.  A small bit of extra color and surprisingly detailed and natural. I doubt they can be beat for the price. Lovely job of balancing 2 drivers to do better than 3 in others.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back