UE Metro.fi 2: how to get best fit and good music response?
Apr 21, 2008 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jaibautista

100+ Head-Fier
Hi everyone!

Though I've been reading the posts in this forum for quite some time already, I just registered just a few minutes ago.
biggrin.gif
I really am very excited to be a part of the head-fi community!

I just want to ask you guys about my dilemma regarding my newly-purchased UE metro.fi IEMs. Though I really am a fan of this pair of 'phones right now (my Senns CX300 is just in the UE leather poucn, getting a snub from me
tongue.gif
), I still find some problems with the fit of my new set of 'phones.

First of all, the included silicone eartips are a tad too hard. And I guess the double-flanged eartips aren't really for my ears; i tried every angle possible to stick it in (even making it moist) but it would not fit!

Right now I'm using the large eartips from my Senns CX300 for the fit. However, I find them too large (Well, they still provide excellent fit, but I could feel my earhole quite forced open).

COuld you recommend any fixes? I also think that the UE buds aren't that pushed too much inside my ear, thus the sound seems quite distant (though the sound quality still beats the CX300).

Thanks a lot!
biggrin.gif

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:29 PM Post #2 of 5
i found the normal size too big. I use the smallest ear buds, and (now this is important) i screwed them in my ears really hard. the cable is at the heart of them moving about, but there's nothing you can really do about that.

Apr 21, 2008 at 2:44 PM Post #3 of 5
i tried using the smallest eartips, but they won't give me a good seal. There's too much sound leakage which drastically affects the sound quality being pumped by the metro-fi 'phones.

Do you think getting a Shure black olive foam or super comply foams would do the trick?

Apr 21, 2008 at 7:21 PM Post #4 of 5
That was my solution. I used the flip mod (swith the left and right bud for the cables), so they would go deeper inside my ear and I'm using the shure foam (olives). I also wear the cable above the ear. Now I'm quite happy with them. :)

Apr 21, 2008 at 9:34 PM Post #5 of 5
The best tip I can recommend for the metro.fi2, senn cx300 and the rest which have the wider stem is the shure black silicon tips (the ones for the E2 model). They are sort of bulbous so you may need to get small ones, I use the mediums and they create a very nice seal for me and are comfy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back