UE Customer Support... frustrations!
Dec 8, 2008 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

oogabooga

500+ Head-Fier
Recently bought TF10s. Been having problems getting a good fit - for a while the small tips worked but now they make my ear canals burn!

Figured I'd call UE customer support to see if they have any advice of if there's anything they can do, or if they had any other tips they could send out (apparently I got the old foamies with my TF10s). I was hoping that someone there would be an expert on getting a good fit...

Over a half an hour, being placed on hold three times, and getting an offer to send the entire kit to them for replacement, headphones and all!, nothing really came of it, and I was told to just try all the tips I have again. Tech support suggested I call the sales department to see what they can sell me...

ARG! I guess I was wrong in assuming that paying $400 for IEMs would give me some sort of support!

EDIT: UPDATE: Got through to the sales department - the person there did confirm that they've updated TF10s to include some Comply tips, but they couldn't send me any. They did pitch them as being comfortable and likely to solve my ear woes.

Dec 9, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #2 of 6
Hi. I have had my triple.fi's for just under 2 years now and my secret to getting a good seal is to use the grey silicone tips instead of the black ones...granted, the triple.fi's do not actually ship with the grey tips, but I had some left over from my old pair of super.fi's.

For some reason the grey ones are just softer (more rubbery and less plasticy)

I've also had good luck modifying the shure black olive tips and using those...see my post here for more info on this technique: http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/how...inside-266851/

Dec 9, 2008 at 3:54 PM Post #3 of 6
Did I see Roots, Common and NaS? Sorry peeps, have to bump for good hip hop.

oogabooga, foam sleeves do not work for me as well, it takes too long for the foam to expand before gravity takes charge. Maybe some Sony or Audio-Technica silicon sleeves that are sold separately.

Dec 9, 2008 at 4:21 PM Post #4 of 6
Dec 9, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by toughnut /img/forum/go_quote.gif
+1 for shure black foamies. Best comfort and isolation. Easy mod too. My second fav will be dual flange but it make my ear canal expand bigger...

I have that problem... i use to use small tips, now mediums, and large can fit me now too... my ear canals have been getting bigger and bigger.
dt880smile.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back