UE Custom Cable for Triple.Fi 10's?
Jun 6, 2012 at 7:36 PM Post #31 of 43
ok one problem with these. i noticed when i attached them the first time, the plugs don't go in very far on my triple.fi's. but they felt quite stuck in there. today first day at a temp job i took my triples in and out of my ears like 15 times. the last time the one side separated. nothing broke, it wasn't violent, just popped off the custom cable.

either going to have to use a drop of super glue or cut the clear plastic part off of the cable ends that would allo more of the plugs to go into the triple.fi's, like the original cable.

keep this in mind.

Aug 21, 2013 at 1:57 PM Post #32 of 43
I just picked up a pre-Spet 2010 UI custom cable and it fits. My took a bit of force to get it, but the other side was a perfect fit.

They don't cover the housing exactly as you can see from the pics, but it'll do. The cable itself is pretty damn awesome.

Oct 10, 2013 at 12:33 PM Post #33 of 43
I picked up the "after september 1, 2010" UE custom cables for my TF10s and was not happy with the fit out of the box.  The cable itself is the best cable I have ever had on any headphone, granted I would have a very tough time paying more than $50 for just a cable(for tf10 only had stock and a sunricky cable that broke the solder at the pins which was otherwise pretty nice).

Here's what I didnt like about the After 2010 cable:

•The pins do not extend out far enough past the molding so it wasnt a secure fit.

To correct this I just cut the molding down a little bit so the pins would be more exposed and be able to have a more secure connection.

•The angle of the molding causes the cable to go directly back instead of up and over your ear. Angling the earphones down helps but doesn't feel right.  I ruined a pair of comply tips after adjusting the earphones so frequently due to the discomfort (but that may be different for other people)

To half fix this I used a heat gun and tried to straighten out the molding. After a little bit of trial and error I got a decent fit but I do not recommend this to people with no experience. Having little experience myself I first tried to do this without the earphones plugged in but the heat gun made the molding much softer than i had anticipated very quickly. The pins came out of alignment but I was able to plug it into the headphone using pliers while it was still malleable.  From there i just used the heat gun with the earphone attached to the cable only heating it up a little at a time and bending the connector a little straighter. 

I havent tried the pre September 2010 cables but Id imagine they are a little better out of the box.  I believe you may have to file the pins down though as they are a little too long, but correct me if i am wrong.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #34 of 43
The UE custom and TF10 pins are slightly different. I believe the TF10 is a bit thicker in diameter. 

Also the after 2010 for UE cables is for their new connector which is different than any other custom/universal.

Oct 10, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #35 of 43
The new connector on the after Sep 1, 2010 UE custom cable looks quite different from the connector for the TF10's so I haven't tried to force one of my spare cables into the TF10.  Be careful applying too much force on the TF10 connector as people have had issues with it breaking due to trying after market cables with too tight a fit.  

Jun 23, 2014 at 4:20 AM Post #36 of 43
Sorry to revive such an old thread, but I was wondering if anyone could confirm whether the pre/post UE custom cable would fit better on the Triple Fi's? Also, does anyone have a different recommendation? my main goal is to get a cable as similar as possible to the stock UE900 cable, but with the TF10 style connector. Thanks in advance

Jun 27, 2014 at 12:15 AM Post #37 of 43
Just to answer my own question for anyone wondering. I went with the pre 2010 custom cables and they fit the sockets perfectly, without having to apply any extra force. Sound is noticeably better too!

Oct 13, 2014 at 9:37 PM Post #38 of 43
  Just to answer my own question for anyone wondering. I went with the pre 2010 custom cables and they fit the sockets perfectly, without having to apply any extra force. Sound is noticeably better too!

I went with this cable based on your reply and it does not fit, pins are to long and thick. So maybe their a hit and miss kinda thing.

May 27, 2015 at 8:03 AM Post #39 of 43

You guys just are enough! You can't image how a Chinese who just want replace his broken TF10 stock cable after reading carefully all these these three pages but still don't know which to buy feels! I'm totally confused. And please SOMEONE SHOWS UP AND TERMINATE the question.

May 27, 2015 at 8:09 AM Post #40 of 43

You guys just are enough! You can't image how a Chinese who just want replace his broken TF10 stock cable after reading carefully all these these three pages but still don't know which to buy feels! I'm totally confused. And please SOMEONE SHOWS UP AND TERMINATE the question.

How much do you want to spend?

One of the popular replacement TF10 cables is Dark Lord. < Click

Usually when I want a cable I search eBay USA, most of them come from China and are decent. Search for TF10 cable < Click

For higher quality cables, you use individual cable makers.

May 27, 2015 at 8:22 AM Post #41 of 43
Thank you! I didn't expect someone reply me so fast. And based on what I know, there are kinds of upgraded cables for TF 10 for a price between 30-50. So here is the question: which one are good enough compared with the origin one and fit well?

May 27, 2015 at 8:30 AM Post #42 of 43
  Thank you! I didn't expect someone reply me so fast. And based on what I know, there are kinds of upgraded cables for TF 10 for a price between 30-50. So here is the question: which one are good enough compared with the origin one and fit well?

In my post above ^, there are links. See "Dark Lord" click on that. Its a popular upgrade cable for TF10.

Also see the other link ^ "TF10 cable", maybe you will find something you like better. =)

Click on the links.

May 27, 2015 at 8:51 AM Post #43 of 43
Thank you again and I decide to buy the dark lord cable as you recommend. And even China mainland are so close to HongKong, the cable still cost $10 to ship to me.

Meanwhile, I solved half of this question by searching on a  Chinese searching engine( Baidu if u know). What the funny thing is in China people called the custom cable on ue official website "the ue 18 cable". After knowing this I found a lot of interesting things. Chinese businessman bought the pre-2010 one and sold it with the name " the ue18 cable", and most buyer didn't know there are no such "ue18 cable" as well as the pre or after 2010 things. So I found plenty of pages from buyers teaching how to modify the pins with a file.

So here is the half answer of this question: the pre one won't fit, and you need to modify the pins with a file.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back