UE 700 - Comply Foams don't fit?
Feb 12, 2013 at 7:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 25

jiggo

New Head-Fier
Hi,

few days ago I've bought the UE700. Is it normal that the tips, in this case comply foams, stick out that much? I cant push them further and this looks quite strange to me.

Here is one photo: http://www.hifi-forum.de/bild/img20130212180951_269043.html

Feb 12, 2013 at 7:34 PM Post #2 of 25
They seem to be the wrong size, so yes it's normal.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:05 AM Post #4 of 25
Push them down past the ridge.

Feb 13, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #5 of 25
I've tried but it doesnt work. Is the canal in the foamies flexible? I've read that there are 2 different versions of UE700. Dont know whether it has to do something with it?

Feb 13, 2013 at 9:38 AM Post #6 of 25
comply tips have a more rigid core so you have to wiggle them a bit when putting them on plus push down from the top on the core directly. It will deform the foam for a few seconds but they bounce back.

when inserting in ear you then roll the foam between your fingers squishing it up then insert the foam then expands in your ear filling it up.

Feb 18, 2013 at 12:18 PM Post #10 of 25
The reason is because UE changed the sound port design, rendering it no longer compatible with Comply. 
It make negative business sense for them to include the tip any longer with that model, but the world doesn't make sense sometimes. 

You're SOL, my friend. 

Feb 18, 2013 at 1:12 PM Post #11 of 25
Shark would be correct.

Currently, there are two versions of the UE 700 in the market: one fits a 200-size Comply Foam Tip, the other is not compatible with anything. We had to remove it from our site and label it Not Compatible because customers from both of our companies were confused.  I believe Ultimate Ears is working on reverting to the old sound port design, or is adjusting it again to fit our tips. Don't quote me on that though, I'm not really in the loop for those discussions. 

Unless you know exactly what to look for in the sound port design, it's impossible to tell the two earphones apart — they are identical in every way except for the sound port. If the sound port of your earphones is shorter (average looking) with an angle ridge slanting downward toward the earphone body, then it IS compatible with our tips (T-200, Ts-200, Tx-200). If the sound port looks a bit too long and has a flat ridge that acts as a stopper, then it is NOT compatible. 

Sorry to see that this looks to be the version that is not compatible with our tips. 

Best Regards,

Mary

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #12 of 25
Thank you. Finally I got the answer I need. I've written to the Logitech Support but the support guy doesn't know anything and writes very confusing answers.

Yes, I've the new version and I find it very strange that Logitech include Comply Foams if they didn't really fit.

So as I can see there won't be new comply foams for the UE700?

Feb 18, 2013 at 3:43 PM Post #13 of 25
Quote:
Thank you. Finally I got the answer I need. I've written to the Logitech Support but the support guy doesn't know anything and writes very confusing answers.

Yes, I've the new version and I find it very strange that Logitech include Comply Foams if they didn't really fit.

So as I can see there won't be new comply foams for the UE700?

Dude sorry to hear about your bad luck. You deserve a refund for this.

Feb 19, 2013 at 1:51 PM Post #14 of 25
I don't think Comply will make a tip specifically for it. I remember seeing some posts a while back about the sound port difference with pictures and everything (I couldn't find it) and the Comply person said the new design just wouldn't work. Something about the flat ring sound port instead of an edged style. IF they did make something, they would risk customer breaking their earphones, which I have personally done.... it sucks. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back