UE 500 and ADDIEMs
Dec 1, 2012 at 9:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Ragnell3148

New Head-Fier
Can someone tell me if the UE 500 has a similar diameter housing wise to the ADDIEMs? Not the part where the sound comes out from, but the whole housing. Like, when looking at it with the place where the sound comes out from directly pointed at you, what is the dimension of the widest part of the housing? Sorry if my wording is a bit confusing...

Thanks for the help!

Dec 2, 2012 at 12:30 AM Post #2 of 6
Here's the answer to your question in the form of a picture...

Please be warned that these two have signatures that are no where near each other...

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:08 PM Post #3 of 6
Thanks! I'm not too worried if the sound signature is different (I'm trying out different types to see what I like best). The reason I was wondering is because my ears are a bit weird and the only IEMs I can wear for a long time without my ears hurting are the ADDIEMs. So, because of that, I was looking for a pair with a similar housing, size wise. 

Dec 2, 2012 at 3:10 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
Thanks! I'm not too worried if the sound signature is different (I'm trying out different types to see what I like best). The reason I was wondering is because my ears are a bit weird and the only IEMs I can wear for a long time without my ears hurting are the ADDIEMs. So, because of that, I was looking for a pair with a similar housing, size wise. 

Another IEM you may want to try is the MEE CC51, they have a similar housing to the ADDIEM.  Etymotics are smaller as well,but require deep isnertion.  Moshi Dulcia is also similar in size and form factor (less extreme UE500 signature).   Each of these have different signatures :p 

Dec 2, 2012 at 8:11 PM Post #5 of 6
I was eyeing the UE 500 because of the relatively large discount currently found on Amazon. Currently my budget is low because I just bought a new phone.
The ones you mentioned look like they would be great, but I don't think I can afford another $30 for a pair... :/

Dec 3, 2012 at 12:44 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
I was eyeing the UE 500 because of the relatively large discount currently found on Amazon. Currently my budget is low because I just bought a new phone.
The ones you mentioned look like they would be great, but I don't think I can afford another $30 for a pair... :/

LOL, alright.  I was just giving some suggestions :)  If you ever have some extra cash...  You can go broke again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back