UE 10vi replacement cable with mic and button? Opportunity for someone!
Nov 27, 2011 at 2:22 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

MaxBurn

New Head-Fier
I searched and found a bunch of good options here if you want to drop the ipod controls and mic but I really would like to keep that stuff.

If one of the guys out there making high quality replacement cables could add the button and mic I think you could easily sell them for $150. Add a couple options for IEM connectors and you could have a nice niche cut out, no one else seems to be doing this!

I don't even mind being creative in putting the end connector on someones decent quality cable with mic and button. Towards that option I found these:
http://www.shure.com/americas/products/earphones-headphones/music-mobile/m-mplus-cables
These CBL-M+-K-EFS look promising but can't see the tips to see how well a UE tip replacement would go. Also don't think I want the heavy remote hanging that close to my ear. Don't see a keeper either.

Honestly if it wasn't for the lack of durability the stock vi cable works really well for me, perfect length and the mic more or less in the right spot, the shapeable behind the ear leader. Could use a keeper/slider to keep the noise down when moving about. Also needs volume controls. Desperately needs a wire upgrade!

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:28 PM Post #2 of 9
I found a seller on eBay who does "upgrade cables" with the mic and iPod controls for $99, fits Westone/JHA/UE.  I also saw that you can order the 10vi cable from UEs site for $30.  Then today, I saw this...a comment from Westone on their FB page to someone asking a question:  "EPIC MICS cables available mid to late December."  I think that is the quality one to wait for.

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:45 PM Post #3 of 9
Post or PM me the seller name? I found one in canada for $200 but nothing for what you mention.

I just bought a replacement cable from UE but I have no illusions it will last but another six months or so.

Westone epic mics sounds like a really good option, will keep an eye out for them!

Nov 27, 2011 at 2:57 PM Post #4 of 9
http://www.ebay.com/itm/White-Snow-Upgrade-Cable-UE-IE8-UM3X-ER4P-Earphones-Iphone-mic-Customized-/290629012987

I asked the guy a couple questions, he said the cable will be less soft than the Westone cables but will add SQ.  Not sure honestly, he's got good feedback but that doesn't mean much.

Nov 27, 2011 at 4:08 PM Post #6 of 9
Heck yeah! I'd pay a reasonable amount more for a volume control + mic cable upgrade. Especially one that fits custom remolds.

Feb 14, 2012 at 3:14 PM Post #8 of 9
Unfortunately I found the lack of durability extends to the earbuds themselves. 

Was changing the foamy tip and did the usual twist and pull on it and the earbud split in two. Love the sound but this is not a quality product between this and the cables.

Mar 13, 2012 at 10:10 AM Post #9 of 9
Good lord, is Ultimate Ears support really that terrible? Seems like they just simply stop responding and you never get your equipment back. 

Quote:
Response Via Email (Luz) 03/07/2012 12:58 PM
Dear x, 

Thank you for the update. Due to the nature of the issue you are experiencing, we must review your support incident and all available information internally. Hopefully, this should help us assist you better with the experienced issue.

The internal review may take as much as one to two business days.

Logitech thanks you for your patience, x.

Sincerely, 

Logitech, Inc. 
Customer Care - America

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Customer By Web Form (x x) 03/06/2012 04:28 AM
Could you send me the tracking number for this shipment? I haven't gotten the tracking number or the shipment yet. 

sj

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Response Via Email (x x) 02/27/2012 01:05 PM
-- This is an automated notification - Please DO NOT REPLY to this email --

RMA#: x-x - Replacement Product Released -

Dear x x,

We have received your RMA package and released your replacement product for shipping. 
An email notification with Tracking Number will be sent to you when your replacement product has shipped.

Sincerely,
Logitech Returns Center
www.logitech.com/support

-- This is an automated notification - Please DO NOT REPLY to this email --

From 2/14/2012 - I was initially happy to see this. 

Quote:
Dear x, 

Thank you for your response and the shipping information you provided. I am pleased to inform you that your warranty replacement order has been submitted.

Please send the defective earphones (Please keep the cable since we currently don't have a cable with inline volume control) to any UPS branch using the pre-paid UPS shipping label you will be receiving in 24 to 48 hours. Please note that once Logitech receives the requested items it will take 7 to 10 days to complete the process.

You will receive an email with a tracking number once your brand new Logitech Ultimate Ears TripleFi 10 ships to the address below:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back