UE-10 or UE-11
Nov 19, 2008 at 1:00 PM Post #31 of 61
WOW! i think i am getting crazy! now i realy don't know what to do... :'(

i realy dont like too much bass...i love it balanced and flat but afraid from it will be boring...what should i do???

ctemkin - for how long do you have those IEMs? do you feel in any diffrences in the size /comfort ??

Nov 19, 2008 at 1:35 PM Post #32 of 61
Let me add that without the right source/amplification, the bass on the UE11 might be intrusive for you. So, if you decide to go for the UE11, make sure you have some solid power behind it (like my Predator) to grip that bass so it doesn't sound too flabby and overblown (like my iAudio X5/7 with flat EQ).

I haven't heard the UE10, but the UE11 continues to blow my mind every single day.

Nov 19, 2008 at 2:59 PM Post #33 of 61
the source/amplification will be the PICO with the DAC.

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #34 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by pila405 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
the source/amplification will be the PICO with the DAC.

It has been nothing short of glorious in my experience.
icon10.gif

Nov 19, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #35 of 61
hey, you said that you realy like your set.
*so, did you have the UE-10?
*do you listen to classical music?
*what do you think about the UE-11 for classical music and jazz?
*does their colouration disturb?

and i will be glad if you will add me to your MSN Messenger so we will be able to talk about it.

Nov 20, 2008 at 12:15 AM Post #36 of 61
Go with the UE11 they are outstanding. Do not be dissuaded by the argument they are bass heavy, the are not, if it’s in the recording you hear it, if it is not you don't.

I have never heard the UE10 but why upgrade and earphone and make it worse I don’t understand the logic. The UE11 negativity on this forum aggravates me and seems to be a recent thing, where once there was only praise and plaudits, there is now a bit of a backlash; of course they are not perfect but they are as close to perfect as I have heard from any IEM, all that you could ever need. I feel this negativity comes from those who have spent no real time with the UE11, anyone who has knows how sublime they can be with any genre of music.

Nov 20, 2008 at 1:06 AM Post #37 of 61
I am sure you would not be disappointed with the ue-11pro. I can not compare them to the 10's, but I feel the have a fuller sound than my ue-5c.

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:37 AM Post #38 of 61
Pila405,

If memory serves, I have had the UE 10s for maybe 3 years, the UE 11s for about a year. UE made the 11s from the information they had from the mold for the 10s. I am out of town right now, so I can't put them side by side, and there may in fact be some physical difference, but they feel as if they are the same size, and they both are very comfortable.

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:47 AM Post #39 of 61
I have never heard a UE-10, but I will say that my UE-11 is just about the most euphonic headphone I've ever heard. I am almost willing to end my Head-Fi journey with the UE-11 alone. The UE-11 definitely has the best soundstage of any IEM I've heard, but as is the case with IEM's, it doesn't compare to full sized headphones. This, in my opinion, is the only negative about it. I've listened to classical music with the UE-11's and I don't find them lacking in any way. They are a bit towards the warm side of neutral, but I would not call them a warm headphone.

Nov 20, 2008 at 11:51 AM Post #40 of 61
thank you all very much for the answers!

now for something else:
does the UE-11 worth the extra 250$? cause i am realy uptight with this price, it means that now i have something like 1000$ so i will need to work, and now i am at school, so it will take time till i will have a job...the meaning is that i will have to wait if i will go for the ue-11. maybe my parents will agree to add this 150$...
in any case i have to wait cause i am 16 YO and the person from the customer's service said that i should wait abit till my ears will stop the fast dramatic growing.

Nov 20, 2008 at 2:31 PM Post #41 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by mark_h /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Go with the UE11 they are outstanding. Do not be dissuaded by the argument they are bass heavy, the are not, if it’s in the recording you hear it, if it is not you don't.

I have never heard the UE10 but why upgrade and earphone and make it worse I don’t understand the logic. The UE11 negativity on this forum aggravates me and seems to be a recent thing, where once there was only praise and plaudits, there is now a bit of a backlash; of course they are not perfect but they are as close to perfect as I have heard from any IEM, all that you could ever need. I feel this negativity comes from those who have spent no real time with the UE11, anyone who has knows how sublime they can be with any genre of music.

So, an opinion that is not shared by yourself is aggravating to you? Is there a place in your sandbox for anyone else?

I've owned the UE11 since day one of their release. Listened to it every day since, and think the bass is bloated. Sorry if that aggravates you, I'll try to change my opinion next time.

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:11 PM Post #42 of 61
EyeAmEye, what do you plug your UE11's into? If a Zune and a laptop are your best sources, I can absolutely understand where you're coming from.

Like I said, the UE11 do need proper source/amplification to sound right, in my opinion. I would expect your sources to sound a bit flabby in the bass from the UE11.

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:22 PM Post #43 of 61
thread - to which source/amp do you connect yours UE-11s?

and what will sound better:
UE-11 from COWON D2
or UE-10 from PICO from COWON D2 / ASUS XONAR D2 sound card?

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:34 PM Post #44 of 61
I'm currently using the Ultra Micro DAC -> Predator, but the Predator alone (via inbuilt DAC) alone sounded great also. (It just wasn't as clean and accurate.)

And I can't really answer your question since I've only used the UE11 out of the equipment you listed.

(...looks at your profile...)

Did you jump the gun and put the UE10 in your profile already? heh... And you already have the Predator?

I'd say you would do well with either the UE10 or UE11... But for best results, pair them with the Pico, Predator, or some other well-suited amp. (As if I'm telling you anything new...)

Nov 20, 2008 at 3:58 PM Post #45 of 61
Quote:

Originally Posted by thread /img/forum/go_quote.gif
EyeAmEye, what do you plug your UE11's into? If a Zune and a laptop are your best sources, I can absolutely understand where you're coming from.

Like I said, the UE11 do need proper source/amplification to sound right, in my opinion. I would expect your sources to sound a bit flabby in the bass from the UE11.

I use it mostly with the Zune, very little with the laptop. The bass bloat isn't a deal breaker, I love the UE11, but it's certainly there and noticeable.

Previously, I owned an Imod with a number of different amp combos, various Sony DAPS (worst pairing for UE11), Sansa Fuze. Bass bloat was still there.

I also used the Predator with my laptop. The UE11's bass was tamed to a degree with the Predator, but I still feel it was to a lesser extent bloated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back