uDac + Ibasso t3 vs Ibasso d2+ boa (updated 4-1-10)
Mar 15, 2010 at 9:11 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

Bovice

Head-Fier
New post

I haven't been able to find the information I've needed so I've had this thread up for about 2 weeks now and haven't really gotten anywhere(and at this rate, it'll stay that way). So I'm taking a pop shot and just going to get something. I've narrowed it down to two choices

Now, I'm looking for use w/ my laptop AND my Ipod.

uDac for laptop, Ibasso t3 for Ipod and laptop

vs

Ibasso d2 + boa for both?

I'm not experience much w/ either amps nor dacs and this thread has been going at a really slow pace so I've just really made a random decision here. Would anyone be able to help w/t he final step for me? Is there any disadvantage to a dac/amp that I wouldn't get having the two separately, or is getting them both as one just as good and a nice way to save a couple bucks?

Old post

Quote:

That out of the way, I am more worried about the amp portion, but will eventually want a dac for my laptop, so if it's cheaper to get an amp/dac than an amp now and a dac later, then I'd like to do that.

I'm using my Ipod Classic (6th gen if that matters) along w/ my ATH-M50s.

Looking for good suggestions on amp only and also amp/dac combinations.

How does the iBasso D2+ Boa perform? Which are some good competitors to look at when it comes to amp/dacs?

Also, what are the pro/cons of getting an amp/dac in one, as opposed to getting an amp and a dac separately?

Last thing to consider, needs to be able to fit into my pocket(deal breaker) and I prefer a lithium battery (but this isn't deal breaking)

Edit: I hear good things of uDac for computers, should I get an amp alone and the uDac or should I get an amp/dac

?

Mar 30, 2010 at 7:45 PM Post #3 of 22
Haven't used that, but I just recieved a PA2v2 from Gary at Welcome To Electric-Avenues.com ! and I'm loving this thing. $60.00 shipped, and awesome customer service to boot. Shoot him an email regarding your rig, and he will give you honest answers, even at the expense of possibly losing a sale.

As for the amp, I think it's amazing. Im using it with a TreKstor Vibes, and foam modded HD555's. It seem to open my music up a bunch.

Mar 31, 2010 at 2:05 AM Post #6 of 22
Let me know what he says about your rig, I have the M50's used with an Ipod and am also looking for an amp around the same price. I was considering buying iBassoT3, Nuforce Icon Mobile, or the Xin Supermicro IV among others, but I am a newbie at this! I have no idea! That PA2v2 amp looks pretty cool though

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:51 AM Post #7 of 22
I will be getting my amp from Gary any day now, obviously I can't comment on sound quality but if it is anything like Gary's customer service it will be wonderful. He is an example of how to do things right! Oh please let my amp be here tomorrow!
dt880smile.png

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:03 AM Post #8 of 22
Linearossa W1 is probably one of the best sub$100 portable amp around. If you are willing to go a little over, an iBasso T3 is also a fine choice. If you are looking for an amp+DAC to use with PC, the upcoming FiiO E7 might fit the bill.

Mar 31, 2010 at 4:28 AM Post #9 of 22
Mini 3(highely recommeded), icon Mobile, E7 and T3D.........

Mar 31, 2010 at 3:08 PM Post #15 of 22
if you end up getting an amp, you should also definitely consider an LOD as it will give you much better sound than amplifying your headphone out

Users who are viewing this thread

Back