uDAC-3, innovative NuForce technology delivers highest-resolution audio for ultimate mobile sound.
Sep 27, 2013 at 4:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

wolfgang0119

Sponsor: NuForce

The NuForce uDAC-3 delivers truly superior sound via a high-performance, 24bit/96kHz USB Digital Audio Converter (DAC) and allows you to connect digital audio from your computer to your home stereo, desktop sound system, powered speakers or headphones. Employing the latest asynchronous USB communication for reduced jitter performance, you can be certain that you'll always hear a harmonically accurate presentation. Furthermore, for limited DSD support the uDAC-3 is endowed with the latest Direct-Stream Digital (DSD) decoding capability (requires NuForce supplied driver and Foobar2000 media player). Additional features include a quality headphone amp and a highly linear TOCOS volume control for improved channel tracking at low listening levels.

To further ensure genuine audiophile performance, only the purest analog circuit topology has been employed within the uDAC-3, which among other features includes the elimination of all capacitors from the signal path. The uDAC-3 derives its operating power directly from the USB port of your computer and then engages a special "boost" circuit that ensures ample voltage is always available for explosive reproduction of high-speed musical dynamics. In addition, USB power means it travels with you easily too, as no bulky external power source is required.

Product link: uDAC-3
Pre-Order: NuForce Estore

Features:
Discrete asynchronous USB audio receiver and D/A converter stages
Direct-Stream Digital (DSD) decoding capability
Coaxial S/PDIF output
Double jitter-reduction mechanism at data level and at over-sampling filter stage
High voltage 2V analog output
A linear TOCOS volume control for improved channel tracking at low listening levels
No capacitors in any of the audio signal paths
USB-powered, no external power supply required
Headphones impedances between 16 and 300-Ohms are suitable for use with Icon uDAC-2

The uDAC-3 is available now for $125 from several online stores and Nuforce dealers. 

Sep 27, 2013 at 2:54 PM Post #2 of 11
Can you describe the data at the coax output? In the case of PCM, is it the original data received by the USB connector, or is it resampled, or something else?? What about DSD? DoP, or PCM, or something else? Is it affected by the volume control?

- Eric

Oct 13, 2013 at 2:39 PM Post #5 of 11
Looks like you can buy it on Amazon, which will go through NuForce for $125 plus shipping.  I'm just wondering what the difference is with sound.  I can't believe I just bought the uDac-2 on eBay for $69 including shipping not knowing there was a uDac-3 now.  

Oct 25, 2013 at 9:51 PM Post #7 of 11
Review of the uDAC-3 up here.

http://www.head-fi.org/products/nuforce-icon-udac-3-high-resolution-usb-digital-audio-converter-dac-silver/reviews/9833

Oct 29, 2013 at 8:53 AM Post #8 of 11

If somebody makes comparison with uDAC2, I would like to hear it. I have second generation and I am asking myself if there is a sense to sell it and buy 3rd generation. 

Nov 8, 2013 at 1:21 PM Post #9 of 11
This is exactly my position.  I'm a happy owner of the uDAC-2, used daily in my office system.  Would love to know how the uDAC-3 compares relative to this.  It would be an inexpensive upgrade to an item I listen through on most days. 

Feb 10, 2014 at 9:18 AM Post #10 of 11
Anyone listened to one of these yet?  Or is there another active thread that I don't know about?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back