UD-10 USB Audio Converter
Mar 6, 2007 at 9:23 PM Post #181 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks. Sort of a dummy question but I plugged the ac adapter to the battery pack and the ac adapter led is GREEN already. I assume the battery pack is charged then (but the battery is new).

Once I plug the battery pack to the DC in on the UD-10, the blue light doesnt light up anymore. Is there something I am doing wrong?

When you plugged the battery pack into the AC adapter which position was the battery pack ON/OFF switch in?

It needs to be ON for the charge to take place, and to get a proper charge indication at the LED. If the switch is OFF, the LED will be GREEN, because no current can flow to the batteries.

Mar 6, 2007 at 9:57 PM Post #182 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When you plugged the battery pack into the AC adapter which position was the battery pack ON/OFF switch in?

It needs to be ON for the charge to take place, and to get a proper charge indication at the LED. If the switch is OFF, the LED will be GREEN, because no current can flow to the batteries.

Agile one & ShadowVlican,

Thanks for your responses. My switch is ON and my LED is still Green on the AC Adapter since I plugged it in 4 hours ago. Am I missing something or is my battery pack/charger dead?

Thanks again

Mar 7, 2007 at 3:45 AM Post #183 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Fife /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agile one & ShadowVlican,

Thanks for your responses. My switch is ON and my LED is still Green on the AC Adapter since I plugged it in 4 hours ago. Am I missing something or is my battery pack/charger dead?

Thanks again

hmmm ... if switch is ON, and charger LED is GREEN, batteries should be charged. Time to pull out the old DVM to have a check. Do you own or have access to a digital volt meter? If so, it's a simple task to measure the charge on the batteries - should be about 5.25 - 5.5 volts fully charged.

Possibly you have a faulty switch, or dead batteries - neither is good.
mad.gif

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:34 AM Post #184 of 240
i should note that the FIRST time i used the battery pack, I had to use an external battery charger because the one that came with the unit would NOT charge the batteries (switch was ON, charger stayed GREEN, UD-10's led was OFF)

this was only for the first time..... now i'm able to use the included charger without issue

(i suspected the batteries to be too cold or something weird... but it's all good now)

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:46 AM Post #185 of 240
That's absolutely weird. When I'm using UD-10 through Windows Direct Sound, I can adjust the the volume (digital out or analogue out) within windows.

When I'm using UD-10 through ASIO4ALL, I can't adjust the volume of digital out, but I can still adjust the volume of analogue out of UD-10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by ShadowVlican /img/forum/go_quote.gif
that's what i do.... except i don't bother touching the switch... it's always ON (i'd think the charger is smart enough to STOP charging once it's full, hence the changing colours of the LED)

it seems like sound through the USB goes through a different DLL (or what not) because i'm able to playback 44.1kHz DTS WAV by selecting "DS : USB Audio DAC" (which is direct sound: trends ud-10) to my receiver

i've gotta ton of 44.1kHz DTS/AC3 files, and they all work perfectly in directsound (i was surprised too, since i've always thought KS/ASIO was needed to bypass the kmixer)

Mar 7, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #186 of 240
Thanks High-Q. I ordered from buyoyo. Got a notice from post office today and hopefully that is it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by High-Q /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi Happyhifibasten,

I ordered my UD-10 in the Netherlands. www.crafty.nl used to be a trends audio dealer, but he stopped doing business with the chinese supplier I think. He still had some in stock, so I got it the next day
smily_headphones1.gif

High-Q

Mar 7, 2007 at 1:25 PM Post #188 of 240
Thanks for the help everyone. I didn't realize that the "beyond logic" I was seeing in ASIO4ALL after music was playing was normal.

To whoever it was that asked, I got my UD-10 just a couple of days after I ordered, but I also picked it up from a reseller in NJ that has ads on Audiogon. I paid $125 (free shipping) for it which included the battery charger--a bit more than people here paid, but I didn't feel like dealing with shipping from China.

Can anyone tell me if I'm able to output coax and optical to two different systems simultaneously with this thing? I don't have enough cabling to test this and wanted to confirm before I ordered some.

As an aside. I have not been able to get this thing to work on batteries. They are charged, and they do power the UD-10, but I immediately get "unrecognized USB device" in windows. Doesn't matter whether I do this with the computer on or off and no amount of rebooting solves this either. And, not that it matters much since I haven't figured the stupid thing out yet, but does anyone have any idea of how long the batteries last powering this thing?

Mar 7, 2007 at 5:46 PM Post #190 of 240
I have to unplug my usb, plug in the battery power, then replug the usb in for the battery to work, but I have noticed no real world sound difference in using the battery in my personal experience.

Mar 7, 2007 at 6:26 PM Post #191 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ultraviolet /img/forum/go_quote.gif
As an aside. I have not been able to get this thing to work on batteries. They are charged, and they do power the UD-10, but I immediately get "unrecognized USB device" in windows. Doesn't matter whether I do this with the computer on or off and no amount of rebooting solves this either. And, not that it matters much since I haven't figured the stupid thing out yet, but does anyone have any idea of how long the batteries last powering this thing?

I have had the same problem. When no battery pack is plugged in, the UD-10 works fine. When plugging in the battery pack with new Energizer batteries into the UD-10, I also get pop-up message that prevents the UD-10 from working. I have to unplug the UD-10 and use just the USB bus as power source and then it works. Guess no luck using the Battery pack for now....

Mar 7, 2007 at 9:41 PM Post #192 of 240
Quote:

Originally Posted by Nandro /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I have to unplug my usb, plug in the battery power, then replug the usb in for the battery to work, but I have noticed no real world sound difference in using the battery in my personal experience.

that should do the trick when the UD-10 goes coocoo

i've been able to just plugin the battery pack without having to touch the USB... and it works fine (however i have to replug the USB everytime my battery pack complete dies)

Mar 9, 2007 at 2:12 AM Post #193 of 240
So my problem now is that plugging in my batterypack with batteries produces a BLUE led on my UD-10 which is good. However, my PC now does not recognize the UD-10 as a USB device under "Control Panels --> Sound" when my batterypack is plugged in.

Anyone else have a problem like me with the batterypack?
frown.gif

Mar 9, 2007 at 4:47 PM Post #194 of 240
Yup...I've given up for now. Batteries running out, having to reboot the computer to have the usb device recognized again and then recharge the batteries sounds like a pain in the ass to me anyway. The whole point of using a computer as a source was for the ease of browsing and playing music. Batteries seem like a backward step to me (or perhaps I'm just bitter because I can't get the damn thing working with them...)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back