U.E. Triple.fi NIGHTMARE
Jan 30, 2007 at 4:05 AM Post #16 of 26
Wow man, that IS a major bummer... Even though Amazon was the shipper, I'm surprised they took the blame. Was the actual Triple.Fi boxed shrink wrapped? If you ordered the limited edition with the roadie case, UE ships them out inside a white cardboard box, wrapped with a litho printed sheet, and then shrink wrapped. If it wasn't shrinkwrapped, someone at Amazon ripped you off. If it was, UE accidentally screwed up. (And it's very doubtful someone would steal it and re-shrinkwrap it, but it could happen).

I've had trouble dealing with the Amazon.com "image fix" department, where vendors upload images of their products to. It was unbelievable how they refused to contact my customer (who wrote a book and was selling it on Amazon) to get the problem resolved. They were so incompetent, they couldn't open a JPG, TIF, EPS, or PSD file when e-mailed 3 times, unZIPped, ZIPped, and Stuffed (SIT). And they outright said "We don't make phone calls to anyone. We use e-mail only. Telephone's are yesterday's technology." Yeah, that's right, they don't believe in actually speaking with people. Isn't it technology great? Now we don't have to be personal with people anymore.
rolleyes.gif
redface.gif
mad.gif

That being said, I've never had a problem ordering CD's from them. When it comes to sales, they try to get that part right, but customer service for their vendors? Forget about it.

When you do get your Triple.Fi, hopefully without having to sue them, you will love them.

Just be glad you weren't one of the misfortunate iPod customers (I forget how many, 7 or 17 maybe?) whom had purchased very lovely packages for their kids at Walmart I believe, before Christmas. Kids and parents wound up opening the iPod box only to find no iPod and a nice piece of fish (which I presume was by then rotten) (lox, I believe) in it's place.

Jan 31, 2007 at 11:58 PM Post #17 of 26
Same thing just happened to me. Ordered the triple.fi's from amazon on Monday, the package arrived today with an empty Roadie Case. NO HEADPHONES!!!

The box was shrinkwrapped, so not sure what is going on here. I just called JC at ultimate ears and she was floored. She's supposed to call me back soon with an update.

-Clay

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:08 AM Post #19 of 26
That can't be good that this has happened twice. Man who knows, people can reshrink easily.
I would find it odd that UE would have forgotten to put the small case in that held the headphones. I mean the cases are numbered and limited, so UE would have noticed these lying around and known these serial #s were suppose to go to Amazon.

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:48 AM Post #20 of 26
Hi all - Mike here from UE.

OK - so listen - it is no secret that there is a SHORTAGE of triple.fi's. When triple.fi's come into our lab, they are handled like gold. We hand test each one. And we kit up the roadie cases with loving care. Then - each case is visually inspected by 3 different people. There are never any left over pieces.

So I don't know what happened, stranger random flukes occur. But I can garantee that multiple cases of missing triple.fis is more the stuff of urban legend rather than reality.

Thank you all for your understanding -

Feb 1, 2007 at 12:56 AM Post #21 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by YoungClayB /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Same thing just happened to me. Ordered the triple.fi's from amazon on Monday, the package arrived today with an empty Roadie Case. NO HEADPHONES!!!

The box was shrinkwrapped, so not sure what is going on here. I just called JC at ultimate ears and she was floored. She's supposed to call me back soon with an update.

-Clay

If the box was shrink-wrapped then I have to believe that this is not amazon's fault. It sounds like UE is dropping the ball again and has had a shipment go out without anything in the package besides the Roadie case.

Either that or Amazon is having major problems with theft in their warehouses. I'm more willing to believe a goof up on UE's end though, just because I've seen this happen before. When the new iPods came out there were several reports of people receiving their iPods direct from the factory with everything but the iPod itself.-- As an example.

I would also contact Amazon and let them know as well. They may pull the stock if they see that it is a problem with the entire shipment.

I guess we'll find out when the OP gets his new ones in, if the box is empty again then the blame has to rest with UE and poor Quality Control.

Feb 1, 2007 at 1:31 AM Post #22 of 26
Quote:

-Clay

Took the words right out of my mouth. My package was shrinkwrapped as well, so I am not sure who is at fault. Amazon said that the headphones have shipped and should be arriving tomorrow. Now that I know I am not alone, it seems like a freak coincidence. I am going to open it in front on the UPS guy just to be sure.

All is well that ends well I guess, it remains to be seen how it will end.

Feb 1, 2007 at 2:37 AM Post #23 of 26
Hey guys, sorry it took me so long to post a follow-up to my previous message. As promised, JC called me back and assured me that anything that leaves UE goes through 3 stages of quality control; I for one believe her. I can't help but think that someone with access to the amazon warehouse opened up some of the boxes, took the phones, and sent them back through the shrinkwrap machine. I guess crazier things have happened.

Anyways, in true UE fashion, I have everything worked out with UE and I should have my triple.fi's soon.

-Clay

Feb 1, 2007 at 3:22 AM Post #24 of 26
This was also posted prior to Jokieman's last post by a UE sponsor.

Quote:

Originally Posted by MtotheDeez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hi all - Mike here from UE.

OK - so listen - it is no secret that there is a SHORTAGE of triple.fi's. When triple.fi's come into our lab, they are handled like gold. We hand test each one. And we kit up the roadie cases with loving care. Then - each case is visually inspected by 3 different people. There are never any left over pieces.

So I don't know what happened, stranger random flukes occur. But I can garantee that multiple cases of missing triple.fis is more the stuff of urban legend rather than reality.

Thank you all for your understanding -

Feb 1, 2007 at 10:51 PM Post #25 of 26
Wahoo!!! Got my triple.fi's now
eggosmile.gif
The FedEx guy showed up about 3:30 this afternoon.

Thanks UE!!!

-Clay

Feb 2, 2007 at 12:27 AM Post #26 of 26
Quote:

Wahoo!!! Got my triple.fi's now
eggosmile.gif
The FedEx guy showed up about 3:30 this afternoon.

Thanks UE!!!

-Clay

Same here, got them around the same time. No empty box this time
wink.gif
. Impressions soon to come!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back