U.E Super F.I Pro 5
Mar 30, 2009 at 2:20 AM Post #16 of 18
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChroniCali /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Just see them floating around in the $150-175 range a whole lot. You should feel free to try them, let your ears decide what you really want!

x2. I would suggest you to give them a chance. I've my sf5pro with me for roughly a year now and I've never regretted about the purchase.

Mar 31, 2009 at 1:23 AM Post #17 of 18
There's no way to know that you wouldn't like them until you've tried them. That said, you could get better for the same price with other IEMs, but the most important thing is that you like them. Something else might sound 'better' but you might not like them as much.
For instance, I had the PFE and now use the atrios. The PFE sounded in every way better, but I like the Atrios more.

Mar 31, 2009 at 5:34 PM Post #18 of 18
I received my Super.Fi 5 Pro's a week ago from Earphone Solutions. They had them for $189 but there was a discount code that saved my an additional 10% so the price didn't seem unreasonable. My choice was based heavily on opinions posted by users here on Head-Fi, so I know that there are more advanced and reportedly better sounding IEM's currently available, but the S.F5P's fit my budget and I have no regrets after listening to them.
I upgraded from UE Metro.Fi 200's. I still wear those with my Nano when I go out and they work fine on the NYC Subway.
The S.F5P's are on another level entirely. I get a very good seal with the medium silicone tips and an even better seal with the Comply foam earpieces. I find either to be comfortable enough not to even notice anything but the amazing sound.
Of course you can choose to return them without a listen if you like and choose something else, again without a listen,but personally I really like them and will be using them until I am ready to make another quantum step up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back