Tylls canjams measurements?
Apr 5, 2011 at 3:20 AM Post #17 of 32
Apr 5, 2011 at 3:41 PM Post #19 of 32
I'm your first subscriber on YouTube Tyll!  Great so far.

Apr 5, 2011 at 6:45 PM Post #20 of 32

Quote:
Is the link explaining what the measurements mean dead? I can't seem to find the hyperlink there.

Yeah, I haven't written it yet.  I'll do the "How We Measure Headphones" first (prolly next week) and then the "What the Headphone Measurements Mean" as a series (FR, IMP, THD, etc) probably once every two weeks thereafter. I have to mix in two straight product reviews before every installment.

Find a whip and get in line to whack me. :)  I'm workin' on it.

Quote:
I'm your first subscriber on YouTube Tyll!  Great so far.

Geez, I gotta talk the boss into makin' InnerFidelity coffee cups and wire-wraps ... you're first in line for some the freebees when I wrangle them up.

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:17 PM Post #21 of 32
Quote:
Geez, I gotta talk the boss into makin' InnerFidelity coffee cups and wire-wraps ... you're first in line for some the freebees when I wrangle them up.

Cool.  Thanks a lot.  I hope the new site gets some traction and works out for you

Apr 5, 2011 at 7:21 PM Post #22 of 32
Ok, I'll be bugging you about it. This is great information, but I'm only able to interpret a small amount of it. The impulse response data was particularly surprising for some of the more costly phones.

Apr 5, 2011 at 10:24 PM Post #24 of 32
Apr 5, 2011 at 11:29 PM Post #25 of 32
Subscribed too and looking forward to more appearing on Inner Fidelity. 

Tyll, I'm happy you enjoy touching your P5s, just make sure you keep your clothes on for those videocasts.
wink_face.gif

Apr 6, 2011 at 12:31 PM Post #26 of 32

Quote:
Take the space out of the link and it will work.  ED10 is the last page.

I fixed all the links last night.  Lemme know if you have any more problems.  Ed 10 (yeesh!) should be there.

Edit: Ooops! Looks like there's still a problem, I'll work on it.

Next edit:  Link fixed for ed10

Apr 8, 2011 at 3:20 PM Post #27 of 32
Hey Tyll,

Love the reviews and the new site. Way to go, man!

Something to consider in the future... would you ever consider doing an article on Inner Fidelity on the pros and cons of balanced headphone amplifiers? There seem to be a lot of bright commenters on head-fi with contrasting views on the subject. Some say one thing, others say the opposite. Its hard to know what to believe.

You used to sell the Headroom Ultra in Balanced and Unbalanced back in the day, so I imagine you've got some experience with the subject. I bet there'd be a lot of interest in reading your thoughts on balancing both here and at Inner Fidelity. I'm totally convinced you'd do an awesome article on the subject what with your experience and your ability to generate measurement data.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:29 PM Post #28 of 32

Quote:
Hey Tyll,

Love the reviews and the new site. Way to go, man!

Something to consider in the future... would you ever consider doing an article on Inner Fidelity on the pros and cons of balanced headphone amplifiers? There seem to be a lot of bright commenters on head-fi with contrasting views on the subject. Some say one thing, others say the opposite. Its hard to know what to believe.

You used to sell the Headroom Ultra in Balanced and Unbalanced back in the day, so I imagine you've got some experience with the subject. I bet there'd be a lot of interest in reading your thoughts on balancing both here and at Inner Fidelity. I'm totally convinced you'd do an awesome article on the subject what with your experience and your ability to generate measurement data.

Anyways, keep up the good work!

Experience?  Are you kidding me?  Tyll is THE father of this stuff.  He WAS HeadRoom.  There may be nobody on the planet who knows more about the genesis of all of this than Tyll.  Tyll, U da man!!

Apr 8, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #29 of 32
Experience?  Are you kidding me?  Tyll is THE father of this stuff.  He WAS HeadRoom.  There may be nobody on the planet who knows more about the genesis of all of this than Tyll.  Tyll, U da man!!

That's pretty funny.

Yeah, I kinda did invent the first balanced headphone amp.

Um...sorry about the two XLR thing.

:)

Sure, I'll do something on balanced amps. Prolly months away ... But thanks for the suggestion.

Think I'll just drop a pic of the beast...

Apr 8, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #30 of 32

Quote:
Quote:

That's pretty funny.
Yeah, I kinda did invent the first balanced headphone amp.
Um...sorry about the two XLR thing.
smily_headphones1.gif

Sure, I'll do something on balanced amps. Prolly months away ... But thanks for the suggestion.
Think I'll just drop a pic of the beast...

Is that a thing of beauty, or what?

Man, I miss those days of ampus giganticus.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back