Two quick K340 questions
May 29, 2006 at 9:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

mateo05

100+ Head-Fier
1.) How much (if at all) do they leak? Does a woody mod change this? I don't care about isolation, just leakage.

2.) Does the inside of the earpads touch the tips of your ears, or are they big enough to go completely circumaurally without touching? (with velour pads)

Thanks
340smile.gif

May 29, 2006 at 10:56 PM Post #2 of 6
Woody-ing k340 just makes them pretty and the possessor proud.

The most ear room in pads comes is Beyer pads - but you CANNOT use them on k340. Now the better news is that you can carefully prestretch the AKG Velour pads (those used on k240s-271s) from the center and it will provide the next best thing to the Beyer pads. Remember, the operative word is - carefully! They need to be prestretched anyway....unless you want to fight with them for an hour to simply get them on. The lips on each can flares outwards. It makes the necessary circumference somewhat larger than k240-271. Pads are all have a vinyl backing that will split if stretched too quickly or too strongly....everything needs to be done with sensitivity and feeling
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2006 at 11:04 PM Post #3 of 6
They do not leak much. All my other cans are open air and leak a lot, not so with the AKG K340.

Follow the advice BushGuy when streching the foam pad to fit over the K340. Oh and the pad goes all around the ear although it is a bit smaller than the one on the K701. Good luck.

May 29, 2006 at 11:06 PM Post #4 of 6
Don't have one yet, debating between these and Headphiled HD650 (since I'll be having a roommate next year I can't do the open can thing)...thanks for the info.

Oh, and if this turns into some sort of AKG vs Senn or other advice thread, I'll be working off of Headroom amplification, either a maxxed-out Desktop or something balanced, or perhaps just another Micro amp off of an iMod. I go back and forth every day
smily_headphones1.gif

May 29, 2006 at 11:18 PM Post #6 of 6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Roommate? Pfft, make him wear earmuffs!
evil_smiley.gif

very_evil_smiley.gif
Actually, he probably wouldn't care as he'd be too busy listening to his Cubs
rolleyes.gif
icon10.gif
, but I imagine it could get annoying and I'm trying to be considerate here (we're good friends, so the incentive to work around things is there). In any case, I probably should build a non-leaking system anyways if I can come pretty close to an open system, just because it's more flexible.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back