Two people listening to the same music with open-back headphones?
Mar 6, 2013 at 12:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

eruditass

Previously known as DoomzDayz
If I wanted to listen to the same music with another person sitting right next to each other, would both headphones being open-back cause issues?  Would the sound be influenced from the other headphone?  At what volume does this become a problem? 85 dB? 

I currently have DT880's and wanted to an open-back headphone, but should I be looking at a closed-back headphone?  When the DT880's are playing, I can hear a noticeable yet very tinny version of it.

Mar 6, 2013 at 1:17 PM Post #3 of 5
If you're doing a double-demo, it shouldn't be any issue at all. If you were both playing different music it could be distracting, but it still wouldn't mess with the actual sound of the headphones in question. The only major issue is if somebody's listening to an extremely quiet track and the other's listening to an extremely loud track.

Mar 6, 2013 at 2:05 PM Post #4 of 5
Quote:
If you're doing a double-demo, it shouldn't be any issue at all. If you were both playing different music it could be distracting, but it still wouldn't mess with the actual sound of the headphones in question. The only major issue is if somebody's listening to an extremely quiet track and the other's listening to an extremely loud track.

I know it certainly wouldn't be distracting, but how will it affect the transparency of the music?  I don't want to add a delayed extra layer of upper mids/treble to my track.  

Mar 6, 2013 at 5:24 PM Post #5 of 5
Quote:

I know it certainly wouldn't be distracting, but how will it affect the transparency of the music?  I don't want to add a delayed extra layer of upper mids/treble to my track.  

It's negligible to nothing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back