Two New Soundcards From Creative : Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and X-Fi HD
Mar 29, 2011 at 2:01 PM Post #137 of 160

Quote:
should only use the driver that comes with the CD and not the automatically installed driver when connected to the USB the first time.
Have to uninstall the driver and then install the driver using the cd

Can we get some clarification on why this is necessary?

Mar 30, 2011 at 11:02 AM Post #139 of 160

Quote:
Can we get some clarification on why this is necessary?

It's basically due to how Creative's driver installation works. After the base driver that came with the product is installed, then updated drivers can be installed on top of it.

Mar 30, 2011 at 1:21 PM Post #141 of 160

Quote:
Hmm... dont think so, cos my pioneer receiver can actually receive and play the signal as well.

What i was told by Creative Hotline was that it does not play back encoded signal. Not sure what kind of signal is output by my macbook pro, but i do not think it is encoded.

Disappointed:frowning2:

Maybe encoded signal would be like a DTS stream and what not?

Mar 30, 2011 at 9:49 PM Post #142 of 160

Quote:
Would this improve the units performance?

When doing product installation through Creative's guidelines, it usually means that there will be less chance of issues occurring, so it ends up giving better results.

Dec 25, 2011 at 4:34 PM Post #143 of 160
Anyone think the USB HD would be able to power some Q701s?  An external amp is out of the question, the USB HD has problems with external amps.  I think grabbing one of these might be my best best outside of hauling a receiver around.

Feb 6, 2013 at 4:32 PM Post #144 of 160
A question for those who have experience with X-Fi Titanium HD.

What should I set my system volume to (Win 7) to achieve unity gain of 0.0 dB? Is it 100%? 50%? Some other value?
Creative seems to recommend 100% volume for RMAA testing (source). However, I am not sure, and some people insist that the card's volume should not exceed 50% to avoid distortion.

Creative forums seem useless and it doesn't seem like people are interested in extracting every single last bit of SQ out of their soundcard.

All opinions (preferably backed up by facts and sources) are welcome. Thanks!
regular_smile .gif

Feb 7, 2013 at 7:58 PM Post #146 of 160
Quote:
A question for those who have experience with X-Fi Titanium HD.

What should I set my system volume to (Win 7) to achieve unity gain of 0.0 dB? Is it 100%? 50%? Some other value?
Creative seems to recommend 100% volume for RMAA testing (source). However, I am not sure, and some people insist that the card's volume should not exceed 50% to avoid distortion.

Creative forums seem useless and it doesn't seem like people are interested in extracting every single last bit of SQ out of their soundcard.

All opinions (preferably backed up by facts and sources) are welcome. Thanks!
regular_smile .gif

Did you ever get any feedback about your question?  I'd love to know the answer.

Feb 12, 2013 at 4:12 PM Post #149 of 160
Quote:
Does the Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD consume a lot of wattage from the PSU?

I doubt it does, given that it doesn't need an extra power cable attached. 75W max from the PCIe slot itself, and that's probably being quite generous when we're talking about sound cards.

Granted, there are clearly traces for a 4-pin Molex connector on the Titanium HD's PCB that were unused in the end, and other cards like the Xonar Essence line do use power connections direct from the PSU, but I believe it's less about wattage demands in those cases and more about trying to get cleaner power direct from the PSU instead of through the motherboard.

Feb 12, 2013 at 5:28 PM Post #150 of 160
I doubt it does, given that it doesn't need an extra power cable attached. 75W max from the PCIe slot itself, and that's probably being quite generous when we're talking about sound cards.

Granted, there are clearly traces for a 4-pin Molex connector on the Titanium HD's PCB that were unused in the end, and other cards like the Xonar Essence line do use power connections direct from the PSU, but I believe it's less about wattage demands in those cases and more about trying to get cleaner power direct from the PSU instead of through the motherboard.

Ah, good to hear then. Thank you! I was worried, but it seems I should be fine. Now to decide on the sound card or an external amp/dac. First world problems lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back