Two New Soundcards From Creative : Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and X-Fi HD
Nov 30, 2010 at 9:18 AM Post #121 of 160
Perhaps because Blu-Ray movies use those type of technology for the audio ? I can assure you that the Z 5500 handle exceptionally well movies,do not just critisize them just because they're Logitech my friend.Not to mention that for a PC,they are among the best 5.1 suuround sound systems on the market.That's my opinion,hate it or love it 
biggrin.gif

Quote:
Why do you need DTS HD or DDTHD??

That`s just placebo lol, especially if you use Logitcrap speakers..
Quote:
Could someone tell me if the X-Fi HD USB is able to decode DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD ?

Nov 30, 2010 at 2:12 PM Post #122 of 160
They`re good for producing low quality bass, not for music..

Why do you have to use PC speakers?
5.1 soundcard analog out,
Vintage 5.1 Receiver
Vintage front full range speakers
Vintage center
bookshelves back rear
(no need for subwoofer)..

Nov 30, 2010 at 7:25 PM Post #123 of 160
You appear to be using the X-FI HD in the manner for which I'm considering a purchase of one. Have you listened to any HD downloads using it? And, have you used it to digitize any vinyl? What are your impressions?. It seems this device, with its 24/96 resolution from both its ADC and DAC, is a great interface between laptop and analog preamp, or a DSP preamp with optical S/PDIF i/o. You can get vinyl onto the computer, as well as HD digital to a preamps internal DAC.

Dec 2, 2010 at 5:32 AM Post #124 of 160

sonci,
I use Win7x64 and spdif pass through works fine. Have you tried the following:
1) Right-click on the speaker icon at the bottom right corner of the Windows Desktop
2) Click on something like "adjust audio properties"
3) You'll see a selection of available audio devices, in the case of X-Fi HD the choice of "SPDIF" is there

or maybe the X-Fi Platinum doesn't have any 64-bit drivers? Are you using its latest driver anyway?

rio197

Quote:
Do you guys have problems outputing multichannel signal to receiver by spidf in Windows 7x64?

It worked ok, DTS or Dolby pasthrough in Windows xp, but I just cant do it in 7x64 with my old Creative xfi platinum, only see pcm stereo signal

I dont care about DTS connect or DDigital Live which are lossy anyway, just spidf pasthrough,

Actually I`m using the analog inputs to my Marantz receiver, which I think sound a bit better than digital input, but
there are too many cables around..

Jan 30, 2011 at 6:47 PM Post #126 of 160
I just picked up a new PC the other day and had been lurking head-fi looking for a soundcard and was really torn between the Xonar's or this new Creative card, I had a X-Fi Fatality prior to this which was what one might call Mediocre at best (for music).

I have to say so far I am quite impressed with the step up from creative in their new Titanium HD, as many others said this card sounds warm and seems to be a well rounded performer. I have my Sony DAV-HDz278 Home theater plugged in running optical and my Sony MDR-7506 cans plugged 3.5 mm in the back. The biggest differences are noticeable in my cans as the HT is a terrible piece of equipment.

Im now looking to get a pair of bookshelf's to pair with this card and am wondering if any one has this setup currently. I am willing to spend 1000$ to get a good sounding pair(as accurate as 1000$ can buy me) to replace this terrible HT.

Thanks to anyone in advance and if you have any questions about my experience with the card so far feel free to ask.

Mar 21, 2011 at 5:34 PM Post #127 of 160
If anyone has the USB model I would really love to know if it works on macs.  I know it's not officially supported but I found someone who posted in a youtube comment saying that it works.

I don't really wanna spend £80 to find out... and youtube comments aren't exactly reliable lol... but if it does work that would be really cool :)

Mar 21, 2011 at 9:25 PM Post #128 of 160
I dont see why it wouldnt since mac os is a compile of linux unless apple has there own compile of Alsa or used something esle for audio.Tho i dont know if you beable to config it to use Alsa if it isnt already using it.

Mar 22, 2011 at 5:22 AM Post #129 of 160
macos is not a "compile of linux" (whatever that means).  It was originally based on the BSD operating system and has undergone significant modifications since then so even bsd compatible drivers and software would not function on macos.

Mar 22, 2011 at 9:04 AM Post #130 of 160
I know the original Mac Os was based on BSD, I was talking about Mac Os X Snow Leopard,That I dont see why it wouldn't work on Snow Leopard unless the Alsa Source code cant be complied on it. I just in up posting it funny before I went to sleep.

Mar 28, 2011 at 12:53 PM Post #131 of 160
Just bought the X Fi HD aka Sound Blaster Digital Music Premium HD.

Everything is fine and working on MAC when connected via USB, it even identifies itself as USB Sound Blaster HD!!

However, i cant seem to get the Optical In to work, is anybody else encountering this problem?

Even in Windows, although it shows that it is receiving the optical signal, there is no sound output from the Headphones Out nor the RCA.

I m hoping its not a case whereby my unit is spoilt:frowning2:

Mar 28, 2011 at 3:24 PM Post #132 of 160
Do you have optical-in muted in your OS?

Mar 29, 2011 at 5:27 AM Post #133 of 160
Hmm... dont think so, cos my pioneer receiver can actually receive and play the signal as well.

What i was told by Creative Hotline was that it does not play back encoded signal. Not sure what kind of signal is output by my macbook pro, but i do not think it is encoded.

Disappointed:frowning2:

Mar 29, 2011 at 7:36 AM Post #134 of 160
I have USB output from computer (Dell Inspiron 14) to X-FI HD. And, from sound card, optical S/PDIF to optical S/PDIF at A/V control amp. Since the A/V control amp with accept a 24/96 signal, I set  device properties to allow for Windows to up-sample to 24/96. I have not yet attempted to send an optical S/PDIF from A/V control amps output to input of X-FI HD. But, so far, every other sort of connection works, including analog to X-FI to USB, which I've been using to digitize LP's. 

Mar 29, 2011 at 10:42 AM Post #135 of 160
should only use the driver that comes with the CD and not the automatically installed driver when connected to the USB the first time.
Have to uninstall the driver and then install the driver using the cd

Users who are viewing this thread

Back