Two New Soundcards From Creative : Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and X-Fi HD
Oct 8, 2010 at 1:52 PM Post #107 of 160
hi guys,

am interested in  X-Fi HD USB, but got a question
The spec mentioned output is 24/96, but does this means the DAC is capable of 24/96 or does it take 16/44.1 signal then upsample to 24/96 then only output from the device?

Oct 9, 2010 at 11:48 PM Post #108 of 160

Quote:
hi guys,

am interested in  X-Fi HD USB, but got a question
The spec mentioned output is 24/96, but does this means the DAC is capable of 24/96 or does it take 16/44.1 signal then upsample to 24/96 then only output from the device?

It means up to 96KHz not fixed at 96KHz. DAC is AKM4396VF which is capable of up to 192KHz and audio controller is CA0189
http://www.creative.com/oem/products/chips/ca0189.asp

1. Internal glitchless clock mux to select between one of three possible PLL reference clocks:
    1. 24.576MHz oscillator for native 48kHz operation
    2. 22.579MHz oscillator for native 44.1kHz operation
    3. external S/PDIF clock source

I looked at photos of inside, it does have two clock generators.

Oct 10, 2010 at 3:57 PM Post #109 of 160
Whats The difference between CA20K2 Audio chip made in malaysia and philippines?

Oct 11, 2010 at 1:20 PM Post #110 of 160

Can you tell us some differences in the sound signature? For example: does the Creative card has smoother highs (less spikey/sharp)? Are the mids less pronounced on the Creative card? From your experience with the the normal X-Fi Titanium, what sound difference did you notice with the Titanium HD? For electronic music with V-shaped equalizer (where bass, soundstage, smooth mids and detailed airy highs are important), which one do you think that suits the best? The normal Titanium or the Titanium HD?
Quote:
They are both excellent sounding cards but they sound different from each other...  Both would be an excellent choice.  Not sure if that is the answer you were looking for:wink:

Nov 21, 2010 at 10:09 PM Post #111 of 160
My SoundBlaster USB Digital Music Premium HD arrived from Singapore today. :) My HD 595 plugs straight into the front using the gold 6.3mm (1/4") connector. Drivers and software pretty simple and nice.

Any software I can run it through to put it through the paces/test it out? Where can I get some free HD e.g. SACD audio tracks to test it out?

What's the best settings in Foobar to use it with? Do I need to use ASIO or something?

Nov 23, 2010 at 7:59 PM Post #112 of 160
Tell me if I'm wrong, but it appears the X-FI HD will be a terrific interface between between computer and something like a Sony TA-E9000ES control amp, which has an optical S/PDIF input which accepts 24/96 signal. That would mean hi-def flac files from HD Tracks downloads to the computer can be sent right into the amp, providing a  way to enjoy music from a more convenient hi-def source than SACD. Also, it appears my LP's can be digitized at 24/96 with the X-FI HD where as other ADC's like the Roxio only allow for a maximum resolution of 16/44.1. Wow, this changes everything.

Nov 28, 2010 at 6:42 PM Post #113 of 160

So.. Still using the Titanium HD? Or did you switched back to the normal Titanium? Because you said the normal Titanium produces a clearer sound in general with deeper bass :)

Quote:
I had the STX for a short time and ended up returning it, it had little bass and I thought had a harsh sound in general.  It was useless for gaming compared to Xfi as well. 

I just plugged in the Titanium HD, going to Schiit Asgard > HD650. Compared to the Xfi Titanium it's very similar, the HD seems to have slightly better mids but lacks deep bass, and isnt quite as clear in general as the original.  But I havent had it in long, and they are very close sounding so I'll have to take some more time with it.

Does anyone have op amp alternatives for it?

Quote:
How are the high's on the Titanium HD compared to the Xonar ST/STX? Less harsh? Also, is the sound of the Titanium HD more relax, laidback and mellow compared to the ST/STX? I found the ST/STX too loud, agressive and fatigue.
Is this card a huge improvement for Electronic Music over the normal Titanium? I always listen with a V-shaped Equalizer to get as much sub-bass and detail in the high's as possible. But the Titanium HD has less bass then the normal Titanium?

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:04 AM Post #115 of 160
Hi there,

I use the X-Fi HD USB but I don't think it can decode DTS. You'd rely on your DVD player software. I only use the X-Fi's Toslink (activated S/PDIF on Windows and on the DVD player software) and bring this to my Pioneer decoder.

Quote:
Could someone tell me if the X-Fi HD USB is able to decode DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD ?

Nov 30, 2010 at 4:30 AM Post #116 of 160
To make it clearer, it's my decoder who does the DTS decoding and not my X-Fi.

Quote:
Hi there,

I use the X-Fi HD USB but I don't think it can decode DTS. You'd rely on your DVD player software. I only use the X-Fi's Toslink (activated S/PDIF on Windows and on the DVD player software) and bring this to my Pioneer decoder.

Quote:
Could someone tell me if the X-Fi HD USB is able to decode DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD ?

Nov 30, 2010 at 5:57 AM Post #118 of 160

I own the Logitech Z 5500 Speakers which already have a built-in decoder,but there's no compatibility with DTS-HD master Audio/Dolby TrueHD.Any recommendations for sound cards (external preferred,but internal is also OK) that can decode these two technologies ?
Quote:
To make it clearer, it's my decoder who does the DTS decoding and not my X-Fi.

Quote:
Hi there,

Quote:

Quote:
Hi there,

Quote:

Quote:
The correct term is DTS-HD Master Audio and Dolby TrueHD passthrough support.

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:38 AM Post #119 of 160
Do you guys have problems outputing multichannel signal to receiver by spidf in Windows 7x64?

It worked ok, DTS or Dolby pasthrough in Windows xp, but I just cant do it in 7x64 with my old Creative xfi platinum, only see pcm stereo signal

I dont care about DTS connect or DDigital Live which are lossy anyway, just spidf pasthrough,

Actually I`m using the analog inputs to my Marantz receiver, which I think sound a bit better than digital input, but
there are too many cables around..

Nov 30, 2010 at 8:42 AM Post #120 of 160

Why do you need DTS HD or DDTHD??

That`s just placebo lol, especially if you use Logitcrap speakers..
Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back