Two New Soundcards From Creative : Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and X-Fi HD
Sep 24, 2010 at 1:57 PM Post #91 of 160
which is the I\V and the buffer on the x-fi hd?
can i use the AD797BR instead of the 2114d?

Sep 24, 2010 at 3:03 PM Post #92 of 160
I think the Titanium HD is a great sounding card.  Very analog...warm sounding without loss of detail.

@Raymond.  The LME49710NA are the buffers and the JRC2114D's are the differential I/V section.
So, if you replace the I/V's you need dual channel opamps.  If you replace the buffers they are single channel chips.

Sep 24, 2010 at 3:51 PM Post #93 of 160
Thanks Robscix!!
ad797ar are DIY?
there are so many omp's that i dont know which one to go for...

Sep 24, 2010 at 9:22 PM Post #94 of 160
Hi Robscix,

Can you please let us know which opamps you are using?  Also, I will greatly appreciate if you could compare it to ST or STX when you get to the point.

Thanks!

Quote:
I think the Titanium HD is a great sounding card.  Very analog...warm sounding without loss of detail.

@Raymond.  The LME49710NA are the buffers and the JRC2114D's are the differential I/V section.
So, if you replace the I/V's you need dual channel opamps.  If you replace the buffers they are single channel chips.

Sep 25, 2010 at 1:45 PM Post #95 of 160

Quote:
So If my current set-up is this:

Realtek 889->spdif out-> Muse amp/dac->Sennheiser hd595

and I wanted to upgrade to better phones.

would I benefit with the HD sound card? 

I see that it's headphone amp would only go up to 300 ohms output.  However, it looks to have a toslink out.  so would i get the benefits of the sound card using the digital out into the Muse, instead of the headphone amp?  or should i just get 600 ohm headphones next?

Thanks

Sorry to quote myself- but does anyone have an answer?

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:14 PM Post #97 of 160
@weaves
doesnt the onboard realtek has an optical\digital out?
as far as i know the alc889 isnt a bad sound chip(i used it for about 6 months)but switching to the hd I noticed a more pronounced and warmer sound with wider stage,while the realtek can best described as calm and laid back sound,and the bass in the HD is better.
headphone wise,you have the cmss-3d and SVM that you can benefit from.
but connecting the card to anything else that does the job(considered it has its own DAC) it pointless in my opnion.
mayble you should consider the auzentech bravura?
please weaves if you have further question dont hesitate to send me a private massege and I'll find some time to connect the HD to my Denon AVR1905 with headphones to see if there's any difference.
@ROBSCIX
thanks,what you think will be the best replacement for the stock jrc2114d?
and do you have bass redirection option in entertainment mode,the only thing i have is that speaker configuration(small\big)

Sep 25, 2010 at 3:32 PM Post #98 of 160

Quote:

@ROBSCIX
thanks,what you think will be the best replacement for the stock jrc2114d?
and do you have bass redirection option in entertainment mode,the only thing i have is that speaker configuration(small\big)

That depends there has been alot of discussion about opamps in the STX/ST threads.  Considering both cards use similar DAC's and opamp layouts you might get some ideas there. Yes I have seen bass redirection in the entertainment panel.

Sep 25, 2010 at 4:18 PM Post #99 of 160
@ROBSCIX
where do you enable the bass redirection in the entertainment mode panel?
all i see in the bass management is this

Sep 27, 2010 at 8:05 AM Post #102 of 160
Hello ,

As I can see in the manual , the front-input can be used for 2.1 analogue-speaker-setup.
Is it possible to use them as output for the rear-speakers in a 4.0 system ?
If not , I'm goona buy the Xonar ST with daughterboard.

Sep 27, 2010 at 4:38 PM Post #103 of 160
@hjfisch
I dont think so...
and btw...the HD is AWESOME!!such a warm sounding card...

Oct 5, 2010 at 3:01 AM Post #105 of 160
Hey ROBSCIX.. I'm curious.. Titanium HD or STX for your choice?

Quote:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back