Two New Soundcards From Creative : Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD and X-Fi HD
May 12, 2010 at 9:38 AM Post #16 of 160
I hope this sounds better than the Essence cards! Not because I don't like the Essence cards (my dc coupled STX sounds much better than my Dacmagic) but because having competition and even more bang for the buck options is fun.

Also I do sometimes play old games and ALchemy works really well for most old games so I would like to have the option again to get the full sound experience in games like Fear 1. Too bad the Prelude sounds so bad compared to the Essence STX that I can't be bothered to ever put it in any more even for old games.

May 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM Post #17 of 160

Quote:
I hope this sounds better than the Essence cards! Not because I don't like the Essence cards (my dc coupled STX sounds much better than my Dacmagic) but because having competition and even more bang for the buck options is fun.

Also I do sometimes play old games and ALchemy works really well for most old games so I would like to have the option again to get the full sound experience in games like Fear 1. Too bad the Prelude sounds so bad compared to the Essence STX that I can't be bothered to ever put it in any more even for old games.

The competition between the companies is what fuels new components and better designs.
I think it will sound different but simialr in quality lookin gat the DAC and opamps used.  The LME49710 is one of my favorite units and many others are using it around here also.

Jun 19, 2010 at 12:17 AM Post #20 of 160

It may have been proven in a single setup, but EMI is going to be different depending upon the box that the soundcard is installed into.  Faraday cage metal shields block most EMI, plastic does not.  Also, metal is a better heat conductor than plastic so as long as your box is properly cooled the components on the board will run cooler with more metal to sink the heat.  Sure, the metal may feel warmer to the touch because that it is conducting heat AWAY from the electronic components.

Quote:

It's been proven that the metal shields are just a gimmick...RMAA measurement are identical either way, and all they do is cooking the components. Actually I think Creative decided to put covers to lower the RMA rates, so ppl don't damage  their cards as easily.

Jun 19, 2010 at 1:04 AM Post #21 of 160

Quote:

I do play a lot of older games, thats why I cant wait to see some reviews on it, I would not mind having 2 sound cards installed In my case :p

Jul 1, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #22 of 160
It's for sale now at 299.99. I need the X-Fi features because I'm about 50% gamer, 50% audio phile. I'm buying one on July 31st. If when it comes, I hook it up, and it doesn't have a ground loop with my tube amp, sounds good, and benefits from op amp rolling, I'm down. :)

I love tweaking my equipment. I though the LM49720 was a dual op amp... oh it has LM49710's...

Jul 1, 2010 at 9:20 PM Post #24 of 160
If I don't see any bad reviews prior to July 31st I will order one. I am intent on getting one, mainly because I'm as much a gamer as I am an audiophile... performance in game is as important as musical performance and I honestly think this card is as big a compromise between the two as possible.

Jul 1, 2010 at 11:24 PM Post #25 of 160

Quote:
It's for sale now at 299.99. I need the X-Fi features because I'm about 50% gamer, 50% audio phile. I'm buying one on July 31st. If when it comes, I hook it up, and it doesn't have a ground loop with my tube amp, sounds good, and benefits from op amp rolling, I'm down. :)

I love tweaking my equipment. I though the LM49720 was a dual op amp... oh it has LM49710's...

I think Creative Asia, is the only e-tailer that is selling the card right now.

That works for me though, I don't want to spend any money right now.

Jul 2, 2010 at 1:00 AM Post #27 of 160
Quote:
If I don't see any bad reviews prior to July 31st I will order one. I am intent on getting one, mainly because I'm as much a gamer as I am an audiophile... performance in game is as important as musical performance and I honestly think this card is as big a compromise between the two as possible.

I'd highly suggest checking out or even testing an Auzentech Forte first.  X-Fi processor for the gaming acceleration, and some good quality parts for music.  It's available for much less than the new X-Fi.

Jul 2, 2010 at 1:20 AM Post #28 of 160

Quote:
I'd highly suggest checking out or even testing an Auzentech Forte first.  X-Fi processor for the gaming acceleration, and some good quality parts for music.  It's available for much less than the new X-Fi.

I guess you already had time to listen to Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD?

This sound card might be superior to the Auzentech Forte when it comes to overall sound quality and gaming performance. Thats why a lot of us cant wait or a couple of reviews to come out.

Jul 2, 2010 at 1:42 AM Post #29 of 160
Quote:
I guess you already had time to listen to Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD?

This sound card might be superior to the Auzentech Forte when it comes to overall sound quality and gaming performance. Thats why a lot of us cant wait or a couple of reviews to come out.

For one, it's impossible for it to be better in gaming performance, seeing as they both have the same X-Fi processor/EAX support iirc.

For two, I never said the Forte is better than the Titanium HD.  I just said that there are alternatives to this product, instead of paying the premium because of non-reviewed, perceived quality.  That, coupled with the iffy support from Creative in the last few years, and it might be worthwhile to check out the competitor.

Jul 2, 2010 at 1:51 AM Post #30 of 160
Hybrys, I remember reading somewhere that the Titanium HD will use a new revision of the X-Fi PCI Express chip. Whether that will make a difference in performance is another matter. I'm too exhausted at the moment so I let you do the gg work, sorry.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back