Two inputs into one input adapter? Is that a thing?
May 22, 2020 at 8:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

PrincessLeliana

500+ Head-Fier
So hi! Just a quick question. I am looking to get a new amp, but all the headphone amps I am into have ONE input. I have two sources, pc+dac, and turntable+phono

I don't want to have to unplug and plug in the rca jacks every single time, is there a way I can plug both RCA inputs into a box, and then plug that right into the amp? Or something with a switch or, i dunno.

May 22, 2020 at 8:15 PM Post #2 of 12
You can get a DAC/Amp combo that would give you multiple inputs.

May 22, 2020 at 8:24 PM Post #4 of 12
Monoprice 788 is what I use.

May 26, 2020 at 10:13 AM Post #5 of 12
So hi! Just a quick question. I am looking to get a new amp, but all the headphone amps I am into have ONE input. I have two sources, pc+dac, and turntable+phono

I don't want to have to unplug and plug in the rca jacks every single time, is there a way I can plug both RCA inputs into a box, and then plug that right into the amp? Or something with a switch or, i dunno.

You need a phono preamp. You can not get good results running a turntable into a headphone amp expecting line-level inputs.

May 26, 2020 at 10:14 AM Post #6 of 12
You need a phono preamp. You can not get good results running a turntable into a headphone amp expecting line-level inputs.
I'm not a moron. I want to take the phono stage and input that into the headphone amp. Hence asking for a splitter box thing. Because most headamps have a single source input.

May 26, 2020 at 10:37 AM Post #7 of 12
May 26, 2020 at 10:54 AM Post #9 of 12
Schiit sys is the easiest to use with what you are talking. Why not pick up Asgard 3 with phono card for turntable and Bifrost for pc. Then switch in front of Asgard for changing sources.

Less wires and less boxes!

May 26, 2020 at 10:55 AM Post #10 of 12
Schiit sys is the easiest to use with what you are talking. Why not pick up Asgard 3 with phono card for turntable and Bifrost for pc. Then switch in front of Asgard for changing sources.

Less wires and less boxes!
Cos an asgard 3 is super expensive and out of my budget, as is a bifrost lmao

Users who are viewing this thread

Back