tweaking a SB audigy 2 ZS sound card?
Nov 6, 2008 at 8:01 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

-pantheR-

New Head-Fier
unfortunately this is this the sound card i'm stuck with... any one else have one?

10354635.jpg

I just installed vista 64 bit and the drivers i have are awful. maybe there isn't anything i can do but i might as well ask.

cliffs: i want to get the best sound possible with my sound card and my HD580's

Nov 9, 2008 at 9:57 AM Post #2 of 5

gechu

Head-Fier
Hi Panther,

Take a look at this community: YouP-PAX youp|pax|YouP-PAX|PAX A4|PAX Fi - PC Audio Drivers & Application Mods - powered by Discuz!

I think the name of the file you are looking for is something like: PAX_X-Fi_OS_V6.15.rar

It apparently says "X-FI", but read the notes carefully because I think they´ll work on your SB audigy 2 ZS as well.

Please let me know what you think about those drivers because next week I plan on implementing those at my parent´s computer.

CHeeers!

Erik

Nov 9, 2008 at 12:35 PM Post #5 of 5

jiiteepee

Headphoneus Supremus
Sorry to say but, 3rd party drivers are not the way to go to get anything better (as stereo output only needed) ... it's the sample-rate ... if your audio sources are of 44.1 or 48 kHz then, just set the playback on software to 24/96 and enable re-sampling on software (IIRC, this way you get the signal go through the better Cirrus DAC. Maybe setting output to 24-bit utilizes this path as well...). AFAIK, there are excellent SRC plug-ins available least for those most common playback software (Winamp, Foobar, J.R. Media JukeBox, MediaMonkey, etc.) or it's build-in as on NI TRAKTOR as for an example.

Using ASIO could also be the way to go. A2Zs supports 16/48 and 24/96 which both are native 'resolutions' for the HW.

jiitee

Users who are viewing this thread