TV shows YOU wish they hadnt cancelled/ended
Nov 4, 2007 at 2:23 AM Post #121 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Funny thing, I was just at best buy and saw a brand new alien nation box set of all movies and seasons on display front and center. Haven't even heard a whisper about the show in the last 13 years and POOF, 1 day after my post, I see it. Weird.

Did you buy it?
eek.gif

Nov 4, 2007 at 2:42 AM Post #122 of 129
Lassie
Beavis & Butthead

Seriously, I don't know 90% of the shows mentioned here. I gave up TV in 1988 (my first year of law school) and haven't had cable in my house since then. In fact, for the past 5 years I haven't had a TV at all. I gave away my Sony big screen.

It's easy to keep up with the news: I read newpapers! Old fashioned, I know. Plus there are a zillion ways to keep up with everything else online. Since I'm single I eat out all the time and visit friends frequently. So I get my TV fix whenever it happens to be on wherever I happen to be at the time. After 2 or 3 days of TV exposure, I'm more than happy to go for weeks without it. For sports, I'll catch the key games at a bar somewhere over lunch or dinner.

I've got the Seinfeld, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Beavis & Butthead and Sopranos stuff on DVD and will probably collect several more series, but I generally prefer full length feature films and concert DVDs.

Ok, I never really watched Lassie. I was just trying make a point about how out of touch I am with all things TV-related during the past 20 years.

Nov 4, 2007 at 3:04 AM Post #123 of 129
Arrested Development - I love this show! I think it has to be one of the funniest shows I've ever watched.

"Oh, no, no. I’m not in the group yet. No, I’m afraid I just blue myself."

edit: Dead Like Me was a good show that should have kept going.

Nov 5, 2007 at 4:47 AM Post #128 of 129
x2 on the Dead like me. The final episode took a huge chunk of my hopes when it snuck up to bite me on the ***. I instantly think of that and am scared of showtime handling weeds and dexter the same way. Thankfully, they aren't.

How could I forget Invader Zim? Gosh, who doesn't love Gir.

Nov 5, 2007 at 9:33 AM Post #129 of 129
I can't believe that only one person has mentioned 'Freaks and Geeks' and 'Undeclared'. 'Undeclared' was a little rougher than 'Freaks...' but it still had it's moments.

My list would include:

'Freaks and Geeks'
'Undeclared'
'The Winner' - A sitcom produced by Seth MacFarlane starring Rob Corddry aired a half dozen episodes on Fox.
'Arrested Development'

Users who are viewing this thread

Back