TV shows YOU wish they hadnt cancelled/ended
Oct 26, 2007 at 3:05 AM Post #92 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
5 pages without mention is probably the nail in the coffin, but I know we have one or two Head-Fiers that would agree with me:

Mr. Show with Bob & David.

Bob Odenkirk is a frickin' comedy god.

030814BobOdenkirkC1.jpg

Too true!!! Bob O. is so funny sometimes that I can't even process it in my brain. I need to get those on DVD (if they even offer it).

I want to start quoting but I won't.......
biggrin.gif

Oct 26, 2007 at 3:09 AM Post #93 of 129
Screw it, one quote:

"Then Lincoln said, 'don't dis' my homies'."

Oct 26, 2007 at 3:33 AM Post #95 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by appophylite /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Wow there's a lot more love for Firefly than I imagined. Gotta add another vote to that (as if the avatar didn't give that away).

+100 for Firefly... The coolest space cowboys ever...

Oct 26, 2007 at 4:30 AM Post #96 of 129
McCale's Navy
F Troop
Andy Griffith Show (Barny cast)
Twilight Zone
Everybody Loves Raymond
Rocky & Bullwinkle
Beany & Cecil Show (Dishonst John)

Loony Tunes

(Rocky and Mugsy)
Shut up shuttin up. / Ya might rabbit, ya might.

(Marvin the Martian)
"where is the kaboom, there was supposed to be an earth-shattering kaboom!"
"Oh! That wasn't a bit nice! You have made me very angry! Very angry indeed!" (pacing back and forth, huffing and seething in rage)
"Isn't it delightful?"

(Foghorn Leghorn)
"That's a joke... I say, that's a joke, son."
"This here's a chicken...D...O...G, chicken!"
Fortunately, I keep my feathers numbered, for just such an emergency.

Did ya see that hawk after those hens? He scared 'em! That Rhode Island Red turned white, then blue. Rhode Island, red white and blue! That's a joke, son, a flag-waver! You're built too low. The fast ones go over your head. Ya got a hole in your glove. I keep pitchin' 'em and you keep missin' 'em! Ya gotta keep your eye on the ball! Eye. Ball. Eyeball! I almost had a gag, son--a joke, that is!

(Daffy)
"HO! HA HA! GUARD! TURN! PARRY! DODGE! SPIN! HA! THRUST!" *WHACK*

"So, this is how it ends. Up to my armpits in filth, about to be devoured by a creature I thought would love me forever. Reminds me of my first marriage."

"It's mine, ya understand? Mine, MINE, all MINE!, get back in there!, down down down!, go go go!, mine mine mine! YAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!"

"Shoot me again! I enjoy it! I love the smell of burnt feathers... and gun powder... and cordite. I'm an elk! Shoot me! Go on!! It's elk season! I'm a fiddler crab. Why don't you shoot me?! It's fiddler crab season!"

(After being let out of Porky Pig's deep freezer) "What a trip! What a trip! Blizzards all the way! Snow 20 feet deep! But we had to get that serum through! It was mush, mush, mush all night! (Grabbing the dog and pushing him like a sled dog) Come on, mush, mush, mush, mush, mush! Suddenly, the glacier cracks! There's a roar! Tons of ice! No escape! AAAAAAAHHHHHHH! How things been with you?"

"Of course you realize, this means war."

(Wile E Coyote)
to Bugs) Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Wile E Coyote, Genius. I am not selling anything nor am I working my way through college. And so let's get down to cases. You are a rabbit and I am going to eat you for supper. Now don't try to get away. I am more muscular, more cunning, faster and larger than you are and I'm a genius while you could hardly pass the entrance examinations to kindergarden. So I'll give you the customary 2 minutes to say your prayers.

Brilliance. That's all I can say, sheer unadulterated brilliance.

Genius. That's what it is sheer genius

(groggily) Allow me to introduce myself, my name is Mud.

Oct 26, 2007 at 4:53 AM Post #97 of 129
Northern Exposure.

But to be fair, it did run its course and tie up any loose ends. It also felt flat once Joel left. But I find few shows after it that carry the same imagination and creativity. It was just a neat show to me.

Oct 26, 2007 at 1:11 PM Post #99 of 129
You guys too old for UFO? Classic British Sci-Fi. The entire series is available on DVD.

ellisCloseup-T.jpg

Purple hair for the WIN!

More info: http://ufoseries.com/

This series was the predecessor to Space-1999. In fact Space 1999 was originally supposed to be a sequel for UFO. It's a bit dated if you watch it today - there's an entire episode about filthy drug-using hippies.
smily_headphones1.gif
Still, it's one of my favorite shows ever.

GAD

Oct 30, 2007 at 1:28 AM Post #101 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Prozakk /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Shorties Watching Shorties

Ahh, classic. When it came out, I was a little too young to understand all the jokes, but I could appreciate it for how intelligent it was. I had almost forgotten about that show, until last year at school someone played "who is franz kafka?" I laughed so hard! They are playing reruns on some channel, possibly comedy central? I just saw an episode the other day...

Oct 30, 2007 at 2:38 AM Post #102 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by r500gt /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Northern Exposure.

Another one who wishes Northern Exposure could have gone on forever, but it was good it ended when it did. It didn't suffer from soak-it-till-it-sucks syndrome.

I wish they'd bring back Airwolf.

Oct 30, 2007 at 2:44 AM Post #103 of 129
Quote:

Originally Posted by Marzie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ahh, classic. When it came out, I was a little too young to understand all the jokes, but I could appreciate it for how intelligent it was. I had almost forgotten about that show, until last year at school someone played "who is franz kafka?" I laughed so hard! They are playing reruns on some channel, possibly comedy central? I just saw an episode the other day...

I didn't know it was still being showed (reruns). Thanks, I'll do a search on my DVR.

Oct 30, 2007 at 3:13 AM Post #104 of 129
I loved 3rd Rock from the Sun & Spin City with Micheal J. Fox. Both hilarious shows with substance... more so Spin City
wink.gif

Oct 30, 2007 at 7:43 AM Post #105 of 129
Harvey Birdman: Attorney At Law
Arrested Development
Futurama
Sports Night
Chappelle's Show
Upright Citizens Brigade
The Tick
The X-Files
Star Trek: The Next Generation
Batman The Animated Series