Tutorial: Increase the "Treble Energy and Detail" of the Shure SE530's! [Pics Included]-[MAIN POST UPDATED 5/04/09]
Apr 15, 2009 at 9:53 PM Post #168 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Walie /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Interesting, have you tried um56 tips?

Nope. I really want to turn my whole pair of Shure SE530's into full blown customs. I have no one who can do it though
frown.gif

Apr 15, 2009 at 10:47 PM Post #169 of 345
you changed it again - with the back stem cut and pushing all the way in...Im not sure that will even fit in my ear like that...I wear mine with the tips as little on there as possible with the cables down - I can move them anyway I like and it doesnt mess with the sound quality...Ill dig up another set and mod them and see.

Apr 15, 2009 at 11:18 PM Post #170 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by VoLTaG3 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Nope. I really want to turn my whole pair of Shure SE530's into full blown customs. I have no one who can do it though
frown.gif

That would be amazing and I would do it within minutes. Even though my custom tips are better than any universal tips (obviously), it's still not 100% all there I feel.

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:08 AM Post #172 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by twylight /img/forum/go_quote.gif
ruined them - the stem cut is a bad plan voltag3 - its too close to the ear canal for the double flange to get a good seal (on my head)

I don't get it. I get a much better seal now.

Apr 16, 2009 at 4:45 AM Post #173 of 345
So first the idea was to move the tips away from the ear to get a wider soundstage. Now we are doing the complete opposite which is to bring in the tip. What advantages are there in bringing the tip closer?

Apr 16, 2009 at 5:15 AM Post #174 of 345
Quote:

frown.gif

PM me and I can refer you to the person who has more info on it (as well as a cost estimate). I just decided to get custom tips instead since they were cheaper
biggrin.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 7:02 AM Post #175 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by danz24 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
So first the idea was to move the tips away from the ear to get a wider soundstage. Now we are doing the complete opposite which is to bring in the tip. What advantages are there in bringing the tip closer?

The nozzle reinforces the hole for the tip and allows it to not partially close upon insertion so I can get full even sound in each ear. You can place the tip anywhere on the nozzle as you please
wink.gif

Apr 16, 2009 at 1:56 PM Post #177 of 345
Quote:

[size=xx-large]MAIN POST UPDATED!!!!!![/size]

I noticed you say the black foam tips are ridiculously hard to remove. That is certainly true with the tips that come with a new pair, but in my experience once you get those removed it is much easier to put on & remove black foam tips.

Apr 16, 2009 at 2:22 PM Post #178 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by pdupiano /img/forum/go_quote.gif
... Id suggest making a filter for your se530's if your gonna do the latest mod (filters a la etys) If you don't theres a good chance you can get a full load of wax in the nozzle that the cleaning tool can't take out.

Not if I clean it often. After every use I will examine the nozzle and remove any wax seen. This is only a problem if I don't clean it at all and my ears are dirty which they're not.

Apr 18, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #179 of 345
Quote:

Originally Posted by Arjisme /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I noticed you say the black foam tips are ridiculously hard to remove. That is certainly true with the tips that come with a new pair, but in my experience once you get those removed it is much easier to put on & remove black foam tips.

I went back to the black foams again and it is pretty much official the black foams bloats the bass and reduces the highs. I put on a song that had a constant high pitch ding on the top of my head and it was significantly duller and lower in tone than with my modified flanges. Also thank goodness the foam pieces did come off much easier.....I wouldn't have mind destroying them though to get them off
evil_smiley.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back